Fallout 3 crashes when i try to save

1LTWinters

Hey..

i just wanted to try a new weapon mod and now everytime i want to make a save the game crashes. the only way i can save is when i stay at this place where the game is actually loaded. it means the place of the last savegame. if i go to another place whith fast travel and want to save then, the game crashes. even if it is making an autosave. i disabled this function and i also disabled the new mod but the game crashes. what the hell could it be?

thanks

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disable the mod, load the savegame, save the game again and load it again, because then your savegame is clean again and contains no data of the mod. Fallout 3 1.5 loves to crash with new clothing, armor and weapon mods, if the items are not marked as persistent.

Thank you for your answer but i allready tried this. i still can't save at another place but the place where i loaded the game. i also have the problem with patch 1.5 that when i want to patch fallout 3 the process won't be finished. i tried several patches in all languages but everytime i try to patch i stay at version 1.4.0.6. Maybe someone else has an idea what it could be.

thank you

You should be sure, which version from Fallout 3 you have. Patching around with patches, which do not suite the language version from your Fallout 3 copy will damage your game and might cause it to be unplayable...

yes you are right but the strange thing is that it worked a few days ago. since my last working savegame the only changes i made were to put in the weapon mod and another mod which adds knockdown effects to explosions and suddenly it crashes. and when i make a clean save it still crashes.

I can feel you...I can't play Fallout 3 anymore since today. It LOVES to crash all the time after like...2 minutes? I'm still trying to figure out, what I can do to fix the problem. I will modify all the mod files, if I have to, so that they work with Fallout 3 1.5.

I found the nearly perfect load order and workarounds for Fallout 3 1.5 now to let it run properly with all community mods...never guessed, that using FO3 1.5 + UF3P + FO3Edit will do the trick...and for sure a proper load order :P It only crashes a few times now when I change the cell/zone, but that's a thing I can't fix on my own -.-