• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,598 posts
OKBt1x_P1SA
An overhaul of the system for equipping your gear in Skyrim that can be customized to give you only the features you need.

Thumbnail is courtesy of turningworlds.

Download Link : Equipping Overhaul

rockerbacon

rockerbacon

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 186 posts
I you use a mod called "more hotkeys please", you won't have to reassign hotkeys to your dropped weapons, since the hotkeys on this mod are never deleted.

Edited by rockerbacon, 20 January 2014 - 05:38 PM.

DragonDude1029

DragonDude1029

Coding Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
In response to post #11333498.

I'm working on full support for More Hotkeys Please asap!

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,598 posts
In response to post #11333498. #11335699 is also a reply to the same post.

Excellent news :)

KanarieWilfried

KanarieWilfried

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
In response to post #11333498. #11335699, #11335953 are all replies on the same post.

Can you make an encore video if this works?
Or is it too small to make a new video about?

DragonDude1029

DragonDude1029

Coding Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Well there are bunch of new features, including some immersive ways of retrieving/finding your items that have been auto-dropped! I think you'll really like this, I'm keeping the details secret though :P Atop that I added more hotkeys, including hotkey to enable/disable Geared Up and a hotkey to drop a torch. All hotkeys can be enabled/disabled, and drop torch hotkey can be toggled between favouring an equipped/unequipped torch. I also have (hopefully, just testing a little more) fixed the disappearing dropped item issue entirely! A bunch of bug fixes as well! Things left in this update are support for SkyUI groups (F1, F2, F3...) and possibly support for More Hotkeys Please! After that release (unless I suddenly make major progress on the favs thing, which I may just have thought of something, see bottom paragraph).

Eventually I plan to get into doing a full realistic armor equipping feature with animations for every type of armor. That will be for a later update though! Check the sticky post on the page if you want a more detailed list of what I'm doing and planning :D

Eventually I will be completely advancing the base favourites system of Skyrim as well. All favourite items will remain favourite until the are unfaved, even if you have none of them. I think its odd that not just auto-dropped weapons become unfaved, but anything does... Actually SKSE has no support whatsoever for handling favorites except for seeing if an item is faved (thought I'd call you out on that Gopher :P ). I think I may know a workaround though, after all, that's what I do :P Rebel against the game engine until it bends to my will!!

DragonDude1029

DragonDude1029

Coding Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
In response to post #11338454.

Heh heh heh, my idea is working, sort of. Dang non-persistent object references though... It does remember your favourites though, just in a really roundabout way that has a few side effects. Needs more work, but hopefully it gets there!

Middleclaw

Middleclaw

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
In response to post #11338454. #11342229 is also a reply to the same post.

Interesting enough but what about quest related weapons such as the "Rueful Axe" or "Wuthraad"? Most notably when you use them before you complete their respective quest lines?

rockerbacon

rockerbacon

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 186 posts
In response to post #11333498. #11335699, #11335953, #11337027 are all replies on the same post.

Even though the hotkeys don't need to be reassigned, I noticed a few problems:
-If in the mod you use a hotkey that's not one of the vanilla hotkeys (number 1-8), your weapon won't be dropped, it'll stuck in your hand instead.
-Sometimes when you loot a dead body (don't know about chests and the kind), your weapon will be dropped.

I can stand having to assign the hotkeys to the numbers, I don't have a huge collection of weapons/spells, but dropping my weapons every time I loot a fallen enemy is a real headache.
I'll just wait for the patch, for now I'll keep the realistic unequip option disabled.

DragonDude1029

DragonDude1029

Coding Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
In response to post #11333498. #11335699, #11335953, #11337027, #11357440 are all replies on the same post.

:P The next update fixes all of those issues. Actually with the current version you can reassign the hotkeys, you just have to save a reload for my mod to catch it. In the next version it looks for the control map rather than the keybind, so it will work without issues.

Edited by DragonDude1029, 21 January 2014 - 11:07 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.074 seconds