187 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036,973 posts
Tali Full Face Mod

I decided to give Tali an actual working face. I got rid of the partial face that was in her helmet and gave her a unique face all her own, complete with full facial animation. I also reduced the opacity of her visor so you can see it.

Getorex

Getorex

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
Just updated Tali mod with two mod files. The first is for her default uniform and the second for her alternate uniform. A DLC mod is coming soon. I believe that the original all-encompassing file I uploaded contained a bug so I've updated the mod and broken it into these two.

Getorex

Getorex

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
In case you didn't notice, besides the face and visor opacity change, her body is altered a bit too: her hips are a bit more slender/legs not so far apart. Her breasts are also slightly larger.

DLC mods pending.

Getorex

Getorex

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
Not sure of the source yet but it keeps popping up. Tali's left eye sometimes appears abnormally dark. It isn't all the time and I am not certain of the circumstances when it does, at least in her default uniform. I haven't noticed it in her alternate uniform. I'll keep trying to eliminate that minor annoyance.

Getorex

Getorex

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
Had to update the Tali face mod again. Bad normal map in the alternate uniform and the wrong diff in the default uniform. I've cleaned up my system a bit and removed redundant (and confusing) textures that tend to sneak in at the wrong times. Also, Texplorer keeps crapping on me and when Texplorer dumps, it totally dicks up your game's textures. So many texture database rebuilds... Anyway, I hope this pair works as intended. If you used the previous mods I suggest using these instead.

Edited by Getorex, 28 January 2014 - 03:37 AM.

C0331

C0331

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
I like it , is the face model based on the one thats under the visor in the bass game?
and how did you add her talking anims? did you just use human/asari ones?
this is a very clever thing you did here , funny bioware could never do this.

maybe one day someone might even find a way to fix the broken animation for some of the bits in the game

Getorex

Getorex

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
In response to post #11547332.

Her "real" face in the game (all of them) isn't really a face. It's a low-res half face with nothing below the upper lip AND it has a fairly bizarre shape too. Would NOT look good as a full face.

I took a generic female head in the game, took the face, edited it so it is unique to Tali (more delicate nose, more slender facial contours) and then applied a texture I acquired from DeviantArts website (with permission of the excellent artist): http://sumirehaikuxna.deviantart.com/ Base face image is here:
Posted Image

As for animation, fortunately I didn't need to do anything. Though her default face is only half a face, it has all the animation bones for a full face and they function as any other character's in the game. I simply had to weight the face to the right bones and the animation was already inherent in the scenes. Plus her eyes were always animated. It was accomplishing this mod that made me realize that doing an EDI new head mod would be child's play in comparison.

Edited by Getorex, 30 January 2014 - 02:36 PM.

C0331

C0331

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts
In response to post #11547332. #11547604 is also a reply to the same post.

you are very talented
had a look in game , looks very , very nice thank you so much

Edited by C0331, 30 January 2014 - 03:14 PM.

Getorex

Getorex

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
In response to post #11547332. #11547604, #11547760 are all replies on the same post.

Thank you! I'd say I'm very very stubborn and lucky (I didn't know jack s*** about any of this when I started early last year). I've gotten much better at it now but that can't be helped when you do it as much as I've been doing it. I started at the time WarrantyVoider was trying to figure out how to get meshes into the game at all and worked with him as he tried different code changes. Then he had his breakthrough and I had a pile of mesh edits ready to go...and only in-game see what I did wrong. Took a while but now I avoid the pitfalls MOST of the time.

Getorex

Getorex

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
The one issue I still have with this Tali mod involves her alternate uniform. For some reason the interior appears to have a minor, patchy glow as if some triangles are mapped to the glowing light material in the front of her mask but when I've checked I can't find them. Not horrible but still bugs me a bit. I'll revisit it later when I get some of my front burner stuff finished and up...like an attempt at a legacy armor mod. I want to bring the Colossus or other armor from ME1 into ME3. It's actually ready to try but I want to tweak it a bit first.

Page loaded in: 0.989 seconds