• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,598 posts
kUD26vU0xE0
An ambitious project known as Beyond Skyrim aims to bring all the provinces of Tamriel to the game of Skyrim. The team has released an official trailer announcing that we will be able to play in Bruma as early as Summer 2014.

Visit the Beyond Skyrim Forums if you want more details, or if you want to help out in any way.

NafNaf95

NafNaf95

FO4 : The Capital Wasteland Lead

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
come on talented modders come join :)

PawnMAN77

PawnMAN77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
ETA 2019 (if ever); overtly ambitious projects like these tend to make me a bit nervous and skeptical. Still, looks amazing. Here's hoping the Beyond Skyrim teams are able to put some material out there!

Woudangst

Woudangst

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
In response to post #13039208.

If you google on skyrim conversions and land mods you'll find out soon enough that countless similar projects kicked off, some a few years ago already, but they rarely seem to finish or be playable at the very at least. Don't get me wrong, i understand the implications very well, being a societal participant myself. It must be extremely time consuming when you have a day job and got other hobby's besides modding. Still, i tire of watching projects being brought to life and die before anything was released. I hope to be proven wrong this summer. I'll admit i got excited from watching the trailer. The architecture looks very well done, i especially loved the inside of the church, and i noticed the Aleyid Ruin with the troll right in front of the entrance. Those ruins have always been my favorite, i would really, really like to explore such a dungeon.

So yeah, skeptic yet excited. DON'T YOU DARE PROVE ME RIGHT! I SWEAR, I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE AND F&^*%^%$&^*%^%$!

JK LOL. Happy modding!

NafNaf95

NafNaf95

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
In response to post #13040373.

well we are, this summer you guys can see and play Burma

faeriexdecay

faeriexdecay

Walking Contradiction

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,749 posts
Ayleid ruins, Ayleid ruins, Ayleid ruins, Ayleid ruins... *drools*

sorudo

sorudo

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
TBH, i am glad they stayed under the radar.
projects like this are already in a dangerous situation, bethesta really doesn't like it when a modder makes TES areas normally under a paid title.
they already closed down several projects because they were trying to add morrowind and such, not saying that it's a bad idea to make this but there is still a risk.

Skyrimjob123

Skyrimjob123

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Without trying to rain on people's parade.

ALL of Tamriel? I'm really sorry but I don't see it happening, the Tamriel Rebuilt team has been working on rebuilding all of Morrowind and even after 10 years they haven't completed it.

Not saying it's not going to happen or that the team is not talented enough to be up to the task but personally I see it as too much of a humongous task.

NafNaf95

NafNaf95

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
In response to post #13042013.

i can understand where you are coming from but currently we are only working on a few provinces, we already have a finished tamriel heightmap

lasurarkinshade

lasurarkinshade

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 202 posts
In response to post #13041153.

We have been extremely careful to follow Bethesda's EULA to the letter, even directly contacting Bethesda to ensure that what we are doing does not violate their EULA. Bethesda has absolutely no reason or grounds to terminate our project. Other projects have been terminated in the past because they used Bethesda's assets from previous games -- we are using none and making everything ourselves.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.086 seconds