3831 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210,900 posts
Serana Dialogue Edit

Small tweaks to Serana's Dialogue in Skyrim (Alpha Phase).

JohnLkh

JohnLkh

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
Great One , will drop by often to check how This Progress , Good Mod !!

zlostnypopolnik

zlostnypopolnik

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts
Interesting mod. Tracked...

aqil5310

aqil5310

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Holy bloody vampires!
I LOVE THE SOUND OF THIS!
I was just about to re-play the Dawnguard quest line, and boom! You show up with this great promise! I will definitely use this!
From what you write, I can see there must be more you haven't added, so I'll track this and hope you have added them when I decide to start!
P.s. Endorsed for this EPIC idea!

And a question, will this conflict with the Marriable Serana mod?

Edited by aqil5310, 21 March 2014 - 02:11 PM.

Emanuelbraam

Emanuelbraam

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 115 posts
Im currently at the stage where I've left Serana at the castle near the beginning of the dawnguard quest. Will this mod still work and not have any negative effects on my current game in progress?

crashpilot

crashpilot

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,809 posts
In response to post #13098123.

Nothing to add to this comment.

Great Idea and I have the same question regarding the Marriageable Serana MOD.

ThatGuyYeah

ThatGuyYeah

The Boney King of Nowhere

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
In response to post #13098123. #13098738 is also a reply to the same post.

Thank you for the kind words. Again, this is in the ALPHA phase so I haven't really gone in depth with testing with other mods, I uploaded this to see how people would feel about this and give me suggestions about what to edit with Serana's (mostly I changed the ones that bugged me, personally).

But anyways, based on the concept of the Marriable Serana mod, I would have to say IT WOULD mostly because my EDIT uses the the proposal dialogue with Serana so I don't know 100% how it would react. I would have to assume based on load order, one or the other would be used first. What I can do over the weekend is just test the two mods and see how they interact and adjust accordingly. IT SHOULDN'T. I just did a quick test and the modder of the Marriable Serana focused on adding a new dialogue tree when the conditions were met while mine just changed her responses to what you say to her. They both appear to be working fine, I will test over the weekend to 100% confirm it.

Worse comes to worse, I can make an optional mod that will ignore the Amulet of Mara proposal, that's not a big deal.

Edited by ThatGuyYeah, 21 March 2014 - 03:02 PM.

ThatGuyYeah

ThatGuyYeah

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
In response to post #13098613.

It shouldn't cause any issue; I didn't add any new branches to her dialogue that would cause conflict. This mod essentially was just changing with what her responses were in the dialogue.

Edited by ThatGuyYeah, 21 March 2014 - 03:30 PM.

ThatGuyYeah

ThatGuyYeah

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
Just to let you guys know, I did a quick test on my mod and the Marriable Serana mod and from the looks of it, both mods can work together. From what I am seeing is that the modder that did the Marriable Serana left all of her original dialogue in tact and just added a new dialogue tree when you trigger the conditions to have her want to marry you (pretty much killing Harkon and bringing Valerica back from the Soul Carin). IF YOU DID NOT MEET THOSE CONDITIONS then she will turn you down, using my mod as her way of turning you down (i.e. using the 'Look, I care about you a lot' dialogue).

Again, I will test more over the weekend to be 100% sure; but from the looks of it, both mods won't conflict each other.

aqil5310

aqil5310

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
In response to post #13098123. #13098738, #13098788 are all replies on the same post.

Alrighty! Thanks for the info! :D
Maybe you should contact the mod author and work together? Since he also did something like this, cutting up existing dialogue and using them for this kind of stuff.
This mod sounds too good to not use in my next play-through, so I am willing to wait until you have a better version up and running!

I'm also trying to come up with suggestions for you, so far I can't think of anything good. If I do find anything worth noting, I'll be sure to place them here! I hope others will have better ideas!

Edited by aqil5310, 21 March 2014 - 03:03 PM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.034 seconds