Morrowind FPs Optimizer

Guest Plugin Manager

Hello pleaz someone help me i used the program and the fog is missing and many setings not as great as before i may changed something wrong any way how can i get back my original settings ??? the help me section not talking about how to get rid of the program and get back everithing to its original form :sad: i dont know what file is been changed

Using the FPS optimizer? I use MGSO to get better graphics...

If I want to get rid of something and dont know how exactly, I download the thing that I want to get rid of, and when you unzip it you can look at the directories and find every single file that belongs to it and delete them all one at a time... Its not fun but that is a proven method for getting rid of mods that you dont want... I tried FPS optimizer and didnt like it either, there should be a directory outside of your 'data files' that holds most of it, I think there was a .esp or two, but thats up to you to track down...

Good luck

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you increase the view distance then? It doesn't say anywhere? :/

MGE (Morrowind Graphics Extender) allows you to see as far as you want... I maxed the settings out (250 cells) The game wouldnt run for anything, but I levitated up above Red Mountain and could see everything... I could see the forts on Solsteim, and the palace in Vivec all from one spot... I could literally see everything that you would expect the eye to see...

I use 7 cells, that seems to give you enough reach without lagging up the game... I can see Vivec from Sayda neen, so its pretty amazing...

• 3 months later...
Hi all just wondering if someone could help. I got mgso the other day and even on the lowest setting I can't get above 5 fps. I have an AMD sempron processor 3200+ 1.79ghz, 1.75 GB of ram and a geforce 8400 gs graphics card. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

• 3 months later...
In response to post #23300889.

If you could explain that, may be somebody could help.

I had been using it before with my old PC and it worked as advertized. It does NOT increase/improve the FPS. It stabalises FPS to manageable level by varying view distance. So if you are expecting substantial increase in FPS, then sorry to dissapoint you.

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #23300889. #23302034 is also a reply to the same post.

You are wrong. It can improve FPS precisely varying view distance. I post some instructions I found in the web:

"This is the FPS optimizer. It can be used to allow widescreen resolutions and custom Field of View options. This is not going to be used to improve the graphics of the game, but make it so you can view the game in a proper resolution. It can help you improve your FPS if you are on a limited system as well.

Open the .zip, extract this to your Morrowind directory. Create a shortcut of this .exe and send it to your desktop. This will be your primary launcher in the future.

Run mw_fps_opt.exe - uncheck "novice mode". Click "change Morrowind registry settings here" and set your native resolution.

Next, go to the "view" tab and uncheck all of the boxes here. You can tinker with these later if you have FPS issues.

Next, click the "misc/2" tab and change the FOV and aspect ratio. Here is a good chart for aspect ratio. For FOV, I generally float between 90 and 95, but your mileage my vary depending on your preferences.

Continuing, go to the "n/patch" tab and uncheck all of the boxes here (yes, all of them - right click and choose "select all", then right click again and click "disable selected"). This gets rid of the annoying "object popping" that the FPS optimizer comes with.

Close FPS optimizer and continue with the guide.

As a side note, if you have poor FPS: Re-enable the boxes that were enabled on the "view" tab. It's unlikely that you'll have to do this, but in the event that you do (netbook, integrated graphics, etc), these settings are highly useful. You can use the middle mouse scroll wheel to adjust the view distance dynamically, and it will change the view distance automatically depending on your FPS - you can set your desired minimum FPS here as well."

This program is genius, I played with it for many years.

In response to post #23300889. #23302034, #23824879 are all replies on the same post.

I agree its a genius program. I've always used it with my old PC. I wholesomely recommend this for those who doesn't have a modern system.

While it might increase FPS someplaces, it does not at all places. What it does is it decreases the view distance in places like Balmora, Sadrith Mora where FPS drain occurs, so that the FPS range you set is maintained. And when you are out in wilderness where there isn't a lot of FPS drain, the view distance is increased so as to 'decrease' the FPS to come in range of the values you set.

I couldn't utilize the 'n/patch' tab. I got a message that it might not work with my setup or something like that. I forget.

Also, try checking 'bind AI to view distance' in 'Misc' tab. The AI distance is one of the main culprits for FPS drain in older system.

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #20625654.

psycho997 wrote: Hi all just wondering if someone could help. I got mgso the other day and even on the lowest setting I can't get above 5 fps. I have an AMD sempron processor 3200+ 1.79ghz, 1.75 GB of ram and a geforce 8400 gs graphics card. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.

1.Post that on the MGSO page.
2.I don't know. Try using something like the Visual Pack instead of MGSO. If you have a saved game, once again, post this problem on the page for MGSO(look up Morrowind Overhaul, or at the most popular mods)