Better Bodies

Guest Plugin Manager

I was wondering if anyone knew what I have to do to disable the nudity? I'm considering streaming Morrowind at some point, and Twitch doesn't allow nudity to be shown in games for obvious reasons. I'm guessing it's just some textures I need to remove, but I don't want to risk breaking anything by getting rid of the wrong thing. Thanks in advance!

Have you read the Better Bodies readme?

You should find information about how to avoid nudity or you can simple remove Better Bodies via Wrye Mash, provided that you use Wrye Mash.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #87044278.

leonardo2 wrote:

I was wondering if anyone knew what I have to do to disable the nudity? I'm considering streaming Morrowind at some point, and Twitch doesn't allow nudity to be shown in games for obvious reasons. I'm guessing it's just some textures I need to remove, but I don't want to risk breaking anything by getting rid of the wrong thing. Thanks in advance!

You should find information about how to avoid nudity or you can simple remove Better Bodies via Wrye Mash, provided that you use Wrye Mash.

What do you mean by remove it with wrye mash? wouldnt that disable the mod? Edited by CreamyMCcheese

In response to post #87029268.

Warriorcatdragon wrote: I was wondering if anyone knew what I have to do to disable the nudity? I'm considering streaming Morrowind at some point, and Twitch doesn't allow nudity to be shown in games for obvious reasons. I'm guessing it's just some textures I need to remove, but I don't want to risk breaking anything by getting rid of the wrong thing. Thanks in advance!

Download the "Better Bodies (manual)" version.

There are 3 main folders
- Nude
- Peanut Gallery
- Underwear

Install from only the Underwear folder.
Though I don't recommend the following method of installing; you can copy everything from the downloaded mod contained in
\Underwear\Data Files
to
\Data Files in your game directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Morrowind\Data Files)

In response to post #87044278. #87308083 is also a reply to the same post.

leonardo2 wrote:

CreamyMCcheese wrote: What do you mean by remove it with wrye mash? wouldnt that disable the mod?

Yes this is actually very poor advice provided.
Firstly as it is not packaged as a BAIN installer you really could not install this properly through wrye mash and subsequently not be able to uninstall. 
I have provided a manual method answering the OP question.

Alternatively you could create your own BAIN version for Wrye Mash by:
1. unpacking the "Better Bodies (manual)" version.
2. rename the folder "Nude\Data Files" to "00 Nude"
3. rename the folder "Peanut Gallery\Data Files" to "01 Peanut Gallery"
4. rename the folder "Underwear\Data Files" to "02 Underwear"
5. repackage only these renamed folders using 7-zip, WinRAR etc.

Now you can use your "new" repackage to install and uninstall using Wrye Mash without any issues.
For the OP's case choose "02 Underwear" Edited by SAJNM

In response to post #87044278. #87308083 is also a reply to the same post.

leonardo2 wrote:

CreamyMCcheese wrote: What do you mean by remove it with wrye mash? wouldnt that disable the mod?

Yes this is actually very poor advice provided.

Firstly as it is not packaged as a BAIN installer you really could not install this properly through wrye mash and subsequently not be able to uninstall.

I have provided a manual method answering the OP question.

I disagree, because I said if the OP use Wrye Mash didn't I.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else get a strange female walking animation? Females tend to move their upper body and head to the right while walking. I do not have the "animation compilation" mod installed. 

this is probably crazy but I'll try show it in text. So the female walking is back straight, and then from the hip upwards leans to the right with each second step:   |  /  |  /  |  /

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive my newbie question, but I wish for clarification. Do I use this version of Better Bodies or do I use Better Bodies NMM (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42399)? Or does it not matter which one I use because they're both Better Bodies?

I can't give you an answer to that, but if you're using NMM then use it otherwise it's highly recommended not to use NMM for Morrowind mods.

Most people are using Wrye Mash as a mod manager and if you want to install Better Bodies correctly then it's time to start using Wrye Mash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
In response to post #84311898.

Naeso wrote: Why when I select underwear, I get the not-so-underwear ? I've came across and NPC that's "stuck in place" for a quest and he was full nude, despite installing the underwear one.

Looks like I'm a few months late, but I had a similar issue, so maybe this helps some people.

In my case I'd first installed using Vortex, but then I chose to migrate away from the mod manager as well as the nudity. Since then no matter what I removed or how I reinstalled it, disrobed people were still stark naked. Also men didn't have genitals.

My issue was resolved when I discovered and removed a folder apparently left over from Vortex: "./Morrowind/Data Files/Data Files/". I wasn't using the mod manager anymore, so probably just removing anything BB installed there would've done fine:
  1. "./Morrowind/Data Files/Data Files/meshes/bb/"
  2. "./Morrowind/Data Files/Data Files/textures/bb/"
  3. "./Morrowind/Data Files/Data Files/Better Bodies.esp".