520 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998,374 posts
Simple Rent

Simple Rent is a simple mod that makes the player pay rent for owning horses and houses. Every feature is fully customizable through an MCM.

stradivuckos

stradivuckos

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
Hello!

Even though the following in general has no connection with this mod... I am going to ask anyway! (since you are open to suggestions :])

Can you add simple salary to followers?
After a selected period of time a follower will approach you and requesting pay, and you can use your already created debt system, where if you don't have enough money on payday, you'll get in debt.. if you don't pay lets say 3 salaries in a row, the follower will leave your service, until you pay him.

Thanks in advance!

Mattiewagg

Mattiewagg

Is Female?!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
In response to post #17653255.

I did try to do this, but I don't want to mess with the follower system too much since there are a lot of mods that affect it. Plus you'd need voice acting for them to not be blankly staring at you and mouthing that they need money. I might implement it like the current system though, just adding onto debt, and not making them leave service, and deducting from the player. I'll definitely think about it.

I'm also thinking about being able to manually add onto the count of houses or horses yourself, in-case you are using a mod that doesn't add the proper number, so you can make it compatible in your game yourself.

stradivuckos

stradivuckos

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts
In response to post #17653255. #17653295 is also a reply to the same post.

Splendid. :D

EliteKhajiit

EliteKhajiit

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Really cool idea. I'm in class atm, but I will definitely try it out when I get home. Quick question(didn't see this in the description, sorry if I missed it), does this include a rent-to-own option? I think it would be pretty awesome to pay 100 a month for a horse, up to 10,000, at which time it would be paid off.

This is pretty intriguing. Makes me want to make a mod that adds rentable bedrooms to some of the NPC houses across the holds(or maybe something like that already exists, idk).

Insig198

Insig198

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Very interesting concept of a mod you have there. Simple yet immersive. Since you open for suggestion, two words, "child support". I mean, a child got to eat and the housecarl need money. It sometimes bugs me how I can simply adopt a child and leave for several weeks adventuring while the child is alone at home.

Another spin on this would be to implement sort of "members fee" in all of the joinable faction in Skyrim. Monthly intuition fee for Winterhold college, for example?

Yet another spin on this, I have always wondered, in one of those missions where you help a citizen clears a tab yet I cannot open one? It would be interesting to have a debt system on the inns around skyrim.

sedatedgenius83

sedatedgenius83

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 462 posts
Haven't tried the mod yet, but from reading the description and the comments, I do have a few suggestions that will enhance this mod IMO.
First, add the follower support that works the same way when deducting gold that this mod already has. *edit* maybe have it so that the follower's equipment gets upgraded since they would spend money on better equipment considering all the dangerous places the Dovakiin takes them.
Second, add in a feature that, when the player is behind so far in rent, they no longer have access to the house until the debt is paid in full.
Third, Do the same with the horses.
Forth, Have it so you only pay "rent" on horses if you request a stable at one of the stables that you can buy them at. This can be multiplied the same way as the number of houses owned. i.e. If you only rent one stable, you pay 500 gold, if you have 4, you pay 2000 gold per rent period.
Fifth, Make it so each house and stable is independent when it comes to rent. I would think property taxes (considering you buy the house and not rent it) would vary depending on the hold you are in. It may be 500 per rent period in Whiterun, but 700 in Solitude.. Same with the stables, the rent price would vary by location.
Finally, I agree that followers should leave when you miss so many payments to them.

I understand that implementing these will increase the complexity of the mod, but they would enhance the immersion of the game greatly. After all, if you don't pay your property tax, you loose your house.

Edited by sedatedgenius83, 19 August 2014 - 05:24 PM.

Mattiewagg

Mattiewagg

Is Female?!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
In response to post #17653929.

I might add that. Thanks for the suggestion. It might require some extra work with variables and stuff, but it shouldn't be too difficult.

Mattiewagg

Mattiewagg

Is Female?!

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts
In response to post #17654049.

I'll think about all of those, good suggestions. The one issue with the individual house rent is it's a lot more work, and I'm not averse to work, it's just more complexity and such. Also, it wouldn't work for mod-added horses and houses.

Again, I'm also striving for compatibility here, so modifying the actual followers and houses might be an issue for quests and such that might touch the house, etc. I might make it an option in the future though.

Same issue with making followers leave as above, since some might be part of a mod or something. I could try it out though, and make it disabled by default for compatibility reasons. At the very least I'll add rent to followers, though it might not make them leave. I'm thinking a good threshold - maybe once you're 200 gold in debt to them, they leave. Yet more variables... :tongue:. Of course, that would be adjustable.

Mofakin

Mofakin

Mentally Deficient Baboon

• Account closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
A taxes Mod, finally. Added to my Mod list without hesitation, will endorse in time. Very good effort..:D

Proposals:

1. make it so guards will collect depth if you owe to much
2. make it so you can pay your 'rent' with the Jarls Steward, or 'leader' of the town (like Gerdur in Riverwood)
3. maybe loose your house/horse when your rent is to high? Or go to jail^^

Edit: Oh, I notice...could ypu please pack your files into a .bsa?

Edited by Mofakin, 19 August 2014 - 05:30 PM.

Page loaded in: 1.040 seconds