i'm crying from laugh... can't just stop xD

You are a real hero

Wubbledee

Wubbledee

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
You sir are a star, just the fact that you've already started work on this is testament to that :)

durklives

durklives

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
Nice try again.

Here is the log file:

initialize0() running in thread ce4
initialize1() running in thread ce4
Stutter Remover: failed to find ini path
Creating new .ini file at path C:Program FilesBethesda SoftworksFallout New VegasData vseplugins
ERROR:
TextSection::save_file: error opening file "C:Program FilesBethesda SoftworksFallout New VegasData vseplugins"

I wish you luck on fixing the stuttering.

skyranger-1

skyranger-1

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
durklives: that's not a fatal error unless it also says "failed to load configuration file, even after creating it" or something like that

one report on the bethesda forums so far says its working. So, check behavior in-game when starting that way.
edit: although... I don't see a "Improved_GetTickCount seems to be working", so you may not be getting any benefit...

Edited by skyranger-1, 23 October 2010 - 12:37 AM.

skyranger-1

skyranger-1

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
durklives:
Ah, my bad. I think your error is because I forgot part of the installation instructions. It should go away if you manually create the folder it mentions in that error message, the Data vseplugins folder. You have to go in to the data folder, create a new folder, name it "nvse", then go in to that folder, create a new folder, name that folder "plugins", then go back and run "no_stutter.bat" again.

BugattiXxXEchelon

BugattiXxXEchelon

Ambidextrous Tiger Monkey

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
Any feedback of stability or increase of FPS, less studdering?

NotOneOfUs

NotOneOfUs

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I can confirm that it does indeed resolve the same stutter issue that Fallout 3 has. However, after applying the recent patches for the game, it seemed to no longer function. An updated version of the program will probably be needed after each patch Obsidian releases.

skyranger-1

skyranger-1

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
That is correct, this is made for a very specific version. Using it on a different version may produce crashes. I don't try to check the version number as normally OBSE / FOSE does that for me...

Once I get a copy of the latest (decrypted) executable I'll release a new version supporting that. Until then... either don't patch, or don't use this. I'll update the description to mention this issue.

edit: The release "attempt_2b" supports version 1.0.0.240 only. Tomorrow I'll do another release adding suppport for version 1.1.1.271.

Edited by skyranger-1, 23 October 2010 - 03:39 AM.

aidunno

aidunno

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The annoyng stuttering is indeed gone afrer rolling back to 1.0.0.240.
Thanks a lot! Now i can finally start playng.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.036 seconds