4GB Fallout New Vegas

Load Fallout New Vegas with the 4GB enabling Large Address Aware bit set

whitelion73

whitelion73

Journeyman

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
I'm not too keen on computers, but, wouldn't this make Fallout Crash even more?

Edit: Holy jesus christ on a pogo stick, my game was running fine at first. But now it's f***ing perfect, thanks!!

Edited by whitelion73, 25 October 2010 - 05:48 AM.

Hazard2005

Hazard2005

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
For now my game is running just great but I can see this being very useful once some big textures mods start coming out.

gansch

gansch

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
So, does this max out at 4? Or will this work for all 6 of my gigs?

RiptorCollider

RiptorCollider

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
This works great, but is there any way you can make it so you can specify the location of the exe and not have it run along side steam? Currently, due to the steam cloud bug, I gotta run off a different EXE to make sure steam doesn't overwrite my saves :(

Anach

Anach

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,044 posts
The Large address aware patch will allow the exe to use more RAM in a 64bit system. As 32bit will only make use of about 3gig, most games are limited to around 2gig with 32bit exe.

However, you will probably find there is an ini setting regarding memory usage that needs adjusting alongside this fix. Not that I've looked, but this is common.

kamatsudash

kamatsudash

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 199 posts
This might be a silly question, but does this mod/app only allow up to 4gb ram to be used? So if someone has say 8gb of ram, half of their ram would be useless (for terms of FO:NV) even with this mod/app?

Still a good thing, and i'm shocked that this wasn't caught for this game.. the fact they left it only able to use 2gb ram is pretty disgusting, considering most ppl nowdays have 3-4 gb ram min(if you believe Steams hardware survey...)

Edited by kamatsudash, 25 October 2010 - 06:09 AM.

Hejo

Hejo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
WOW!!! I can't believe how much this works. I got around 22FPS now I get around 50 or so. This is great thanks a bunch. Hopefully It will continue to work well in the future.

sickanddying

sickanddying

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Thank you so much! I had the same fps problems with FO3 untill a 4gig mod came out because of my laptop card now I can run NV at pretty decent settings for a laptop card!

Sylvantra

Sylvantra

War...War Never Changes....

• Premium Member
  • 1,031 posts
not sure what I am doing wrong. When i try to launch it, it gives me an error message of "The parameter is incorrect." I know its probably something very dumb of why I can not use it or what I am doing wrong, so someone please tell me how dumb i am :D

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.959 seconds