26 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439,592 posts
Lore Friendly Memorials

Backer Memorials overhauled to remove all non-lore friendly entries. Such as; Gamebanshee.com, Dumb Ass Dave, or n-Space.

Jkrd

Jkrd

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
You're better off removing them really; when you think about it, this makes memorials even less likely to be read.

vegaswanderer

vegaswanderer

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
Thank you for this. Changing all those descriptions to be lore friendly it's not an easy task.

I would remove your comment about the list of shame in the description, though.I think even mentioning such a list it's uncalled for. No real need for it to be there. Let's all chill and enjoy this fantastic game ;)

Edited by vegaswanderer, 06 April 2015 - 09:06 AM.

ramakgaming

ramakgaming

Someguy On the Internet

• Premium Member
  • 3,419 posts
How can I use this if the GOG version I have is only compatible with the IE Mod version 4.51, not 4.6? GOG versions are behind a bit, they aren't on the same patch release schedule as the Steam versions.

pietothesky

pietothesky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
In response to post #24106984.

Agreed, I'll remove it. Cheers.

vegaswanderer

vegaswanderer

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
In response to post #24106984. #24114564 is also a reply to the same post.

Cheers, mate. Thank you again for your hard work ;)

pietothesky

pietothesky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
In response to post #24102429.

I think the memorials could have added to the story if handled right. For instance, the hollow born are mentioned but never seen(not countings wicht). At least one of the monuments should have been a child memorial for the lost generation, also memorials for warriors lost in the Saints war.

Wish Obsidian had given direction to Backers saying make a memorial to a soldier lost in a battle, or some such.

vegaswanderer

vegaswanderer

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
In response to post #24102429. #24114784 is also a reply to the same post.

Yeah, handled right those memorials could add to the narrative. Maybe in the future this mod can evolve into that. If not, probably another mod will.

pietothesky

pietothesky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
In response to post #24110794.

Sorry Ramakgaming, I'm not good at coding. So until GOG updates the file it won't work. The newest version of the IE Mod (At least 4.6) allows exporting the Memorial stones as an easily edited xml file.
Only good news is that the memorials aren't truly random. Exact same 18 entries appear in each memorial on multiple save files through my testing. Hopefully the GOG update gets released soon so you can use the mod. Cheers, and wish I could help you more.

NexusAreUseless

NexusAreUseless

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
Thanks for this. It's a great pity that Obsidian didn't properly curate the backer content.

EDIT: I was looking through the XML and noticed that there is one saying "Corgis are great." (line 1673). Maybe you could change this to something like "A loyal and loving companion"? (I think Corgis are great dogs myself)

Edited by Zombie_Hunter, 07 April 2015 - 11:17 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.020 seconds