1588 replies to this topic

johnnylump

johnnylump

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
Beta 15f2/f3 feedback thread

BETA 15,15a,15b,15c,15d to 15e+ issues (See readme for additional possible issues)

* Units that previously had the old (pre-combined) "Ranger" perk will show having the "Pyrokinesis" perk and will have to repick a perk in their tree. Only psi units will be able to use pyrokinesis in combat (it's a level 4 perk that they should train, however). To remove it, use the Dev Console command GivePerk -49 on that soldier during a tacitcal mission.

BUG REPORT INSTRUCTIONS

If you think you have found a bug, run the troubleshooting steps in the file included in your download. If this does not fix the bug, use the bugs tab to make your report.

With bug reports (and general feedback), include the following: OS, game version (please only report with latest version), second wave options, difficulty, and any selfmade or third-party mods you have applied. Bug reports without this information may be deleted without a response.

If any mods you have made have even a remote chance of affecting the bug, you'll need to remove them and see if you can reproduce the bug before reporting. We don't support texmod (which can cause problems) or other 3rd-party mods to Long War.

Bug reports that are duplicates will be deleted without a response.

We only want bug reports for the current version of the mod. Bug reports from older versions of the mod will be deleted without a response.

PLEASE do not use the bug report interface to seek technical support assistance or feedback on features. These will be deleted without response.

Bug reports that are simply "hey this happened once" may be deleted without response. We usually can't fix things unless we know the specific steps to reproduce it. We often need savegames.

Bug reports that are user error despite clear instructions posted in readme, troubleshooting file, or this thread will be deleted without response. We just don't have the staff to provide customer service. If you don't get why your report was deleted, assume you missed something. You can post here and maybe someone will help you.

Legit bugs reported here will be moved there. Please follow your reports if we ask for more information or a savegame. We may delete bug reports that people don't follow up on.

Finally, the mod is done. It's still a Beta while we make sure we didn't miss any critical bugs or have balance way out of wack. While we appreciate thoughtful and even-handed feedback and ideas, no more major work on the mod is planned. (We do have three or four voicepacks still in the pipeline.)

Edited by johnnylump, 31 October 2015 - 08:23 PM.

Devon_v

Devon_v

Floater Terrorist

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
*Plays The Final Countdown*

bilfdoffle

bilfdoffle

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
Awesome! Now when is that kick-starter gonna launch?

Riwwer

Riwwer

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
Where is the change log for 15f please?

Devon_v

Devon_v

Floater Terrorist

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
In response to post #27019634.

Spoiler

Top of the 15e forum.

Devon_v

Devon_v

Floater Terrorist

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
In response to post #27019634. #27019774 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

B15f notes:
- Dutch Male voicepack (Euro 2) by Benjamin Smit
- Resp implant confers +1 hp
- All suppression-based reaction fire will get the opportunist bonus (not just LMG/SAW-series) and ignore cover bonuses
- Improved Fusion Core council request rewards
- Rework Jaeger tree to make ITZ spec perk, Squadsight to TSGT, VPT to MSGT, Remove LEU and replace with LnL at MSGT.
- Rework of Goliath tree. Welcome Covering Fire, Rapid Fire, and Extra Conditioning. Farewell Platform Stability, Bring 'Em On and Ready for Anything.
- Rework of Shogun tree
- Alloy Carbide Plating now grants flat +4 hit points
- Attempted to set autopause before a mission expires one hour earlier
- The seven special soldiers will have 0 defense rather than random value
- Terror and Infiltration missions should stack on the same country in the same month less often now

Bugfixes: (partial listing, please see bugs for full listing) 
- Flying units will have flying defense bonus against reaction fire
- Units granted a free move by Psi Inspire, Command and Revive will no longer get infinite Close Encounters or Hit and Run shots. These abilities will now prevent activation of CE/HnR -- this change was necessary for the bugfix.
- Hardened units will get bonuses again on Absolutely Critical.
- Meld/Bombs will be invisible in the fog as intended. Added SW option to make them visible.
- Controller should work with new SW table now
- 3 map patches
- Updated South African Male 2 pack
- Alien negative defense will show up on aim readout now

sleepyx732

sleepyx732

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
In response to post #27019634. #27019774, #27019804 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

"All suppression-based reaction fire will get the opportunist bonus (not just LMG/SAW-series) and ignore cover bonuses"

Did ignoring only half not work out?

AnIrishNomad

AnIrishNomad

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
Long War is done? What a journey it's been. Hundreds of hours of pure salt, rookie tears, and memorable campaigns.
I'd like to thank Johnnylump and the development team, for creating a mod that - in my eyes - surpasses the base game and has given me close to a thousand of hours of enjoyment (and equally anger). It's not much in the grand scheme, but seeing as I got more out of long war than any other game I've played, I decided to make a donation equivalent to the price of a new game. You definitely deserve more for the work you've put into this, and the limitations you've put up with.

johnnylump

johnnylump

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts
Also, a note on the new game we're working on. Not a ton to say yet, but our working title is "Terra Invictus" and we are preparing a Kickstarter to support it. It is probably best described as a grand strategy alien invasion game. If you'd like to be alerted when the Kickstarter goes live, drop an email to <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='mailto:[email protected]?subject=Terra%20Invictus%20Mailing%20List&body=Please%20add%20me!'>[email protected]</a> and we'll be sure to let you know. Thanks for your interest!

Edited by johnnylump, 20 December 2015 - 01:12 AM.

morionem

morionem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
alloy plating still 2hp, goliath now looks ok, but shogun i think was better...grenadier at msrg its make no sense to me, i think he need it early.

Page loaded in: 0.725 seconds