902 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995,033 posts
Complete Fast Travel Overhaul

A lightweight overhaul of both the vanilla Skyrim carriage system and Dawnguard's ferry system.

Kinaga

Kinaga

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
Please report bugs using the bug tracker. If you've any other suggestions or queries leave them here. You also might get a quick answer to your question by reading the FAQ. Thanks for taking an interest in the mod :)

schlechty

schlechty

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Thanks for this Mod.

looks really Promising. Will try it!

Kinaga

Kinaga

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
In response to post #27331129.

Spoiler

You're welcome, I hope you like it! :)

Trigoras

Trigoras

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
This looks awesome! I always wanted a simple carriage mod, but almost all of the others try to be a major overhaul of the system or quite buggy by today's standards. Will test this out and report back if I find any bugs :)

Kinaga

Kinaga

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
In response to post #27332004.

Spoiler

Thanks! That's what I found too - the few mods that made simple adjustments to the carriage system have long gone unsupported. I'm hoping CFTO will be a lightweight, bug-free alternative for those who don't want the hassle of using the major overhauls.

dredd3110

dredd3110

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts
In response to post #27331129. #27331229 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I agree with you Schlechty and Trigoras, this mod looks like a very good thing, thank you Kinaga :D

Drowsy

Drowsy

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
Started a new game to test it out, a few things;

The drivers seem to finish their convo's nicely before sending me to the loading screen, haven't seen that happen since vanilla :P
Drivers and ferry men advertise there services from a distance, even with 'No NPC Greetings' esp loaded.
Haven't observed it sufficiently, but noticed Whiterun's Bjorlam wasn't sitting on the stone where ICAO places him, though might be load order thing.

I'm keeping it :)

Kinaga

Kinaga

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts
In response to post #27332819.

Spoiler

Glad to hear! :D
I kept testing over and over until I got the dialogue timing perfect, so good to know someone's impressed :) In order for the mod to work, I had to disable vanilla Bjorlam and add a new Bjorlam. That means any changes from mods before CFTO in load order will be overwritten. If you move the mod in question to after CFTO, you'll end up with two Bjorlams, which would be much worse, so I don't suggest you do that.

The advertising is a little annoying and I considered removing it, but I decided to keep it because it's realistic. The carriage driver wouldn't sit there 24 hours a day without at least trying to get some customers.

SkyrimFantom

SkyrimFantom

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts
Works good so far but I checked 3 carriages and all have the same (brown) horse.

Page loaded in: 0.953 seconds