13 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802,684 posts
Dwemer Race

This mod adds the Dwemer race to Oblivion.

syscrusher

syscrusher

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 707 posts
Nice work on the hairstyles. I'll skip the lore debate about whether or not any dwemer still exist -- each player can decide for themselves whether or not to install the mod. :-)

That being said, I do suggest that you might want to have some negative to their stats to balance the positives. The vanilla races each have pluses and minuses. Maybe if they are resistant to shock, they might be vulnerable to something else, for example. To offset the night eye, perhaps they have a fairly significant penalty to agility? Dwemer have some similarity to dwarf races in other RPGs, and those are not exactly noted for their agility and acrobatics. You might also hit them with a penalty to personality to offset the disease resistance and to reflect that other surface-dwelling races might view the dwemer with suspicion.

Just my two centiseptims. :-)

Edited by syscrusher, 15 September 2015 - 04:45 PM.

GendunDrup

GendunDrup

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
In response to post #28716429.

Spoiler

The negative of the Dwemer's abilities is that they're kind of dumbed down. They have 75+ magicka vs. the Altmer's 100. They have 50% shock resistance vs the Dunmer's 75% fire resistance.

syscrusher

syscrusher

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 707 posts
In response to post #28716429. #28723394 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Ah, okay. I didn't realize that. Thanks for clarifying.

KulaasKitten

KulaasKitten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Love it. Was waiting for something like this for a while. Thank you. You have my endorsement. :D

GendunDrup

GendunDrup

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,724 posts
In response to post #28783949.

Spoiler

I'm glad you like it!

NinjaSushi2

NinjaSushi2

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 136 posts
In response to post #28716429. #28723394, #28755449 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Except Altmer get a weakness to magic and elements while Dunmer don't get a huge bonus to magicka.

ThisAintTheWay

ThisAintTheWay

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
OMG. FINALLY. A DWEMER RACE MODS THAT DOESN'T MAKES THEM DWARVES.
Thank you for this, really. I had been looking for a mod like this longer than I'd like to imagine.

SkitzoSkittles77

SkitzoSkittles77

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Don't know if you keep up with this mod anymore, but for some reason the Dwemer player race and partners are all bald. It is strange

Arsenalfc1886

Arsenalfc1886

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
great mod! ive also seen you have made the best moarmer race for oblivion elsewhere do you intend to release this?

Page loaded in: 0.808 seconds