68 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033,971 posts
Invisible Spiders

Makes all spiders in the game invisible.

darkmanifest

darkmanifest

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I'm not an arachnophobe, but my best friend and so many people who want to play DA are, and with the advent of this mod, now all three games have ways to get rid of the dreaded spiders and I can pimp the series even harder. Thank you so much!

anb1388

anb1388

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I have been waiting for this since the game came out!!! I love the DA Series, but have horrible arachnophobia! Would it be possible for you to also remove the horrible sounds they make?

tirnoney

tirnoney

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 989 posts
In response to post #29329259.

Spoiler

They'll be seriously stealthy if I do that. Are you sure? There's something like 27 different sound assets that would all have to be altered. If I get the time I'll take a look...

anb1388

anb1388

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
In response to post #29329259. #29332779 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I could deal with it. I tend to mod my characters to godlike status so I can enjoy the story so it won't bother me. If you have time I'd appreciate it a ton. If not that's fine I understand it would be time consuming.

nightscrawl

nightscrawl

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
Not my thing, but it is very nice. I remember ye olde mods that turned spiders into mabari. However, I am dying to "see" what Nightmare looks like in the fade cutscenes. Please post screenshots! XD

tirnoney

tirnoney

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 989 posts
In response to post #29344244.

Spoiler

Well it's empty fade sky mostly and a bunch of people staring at it bug eyed for some unfathomable reason. And then of course whoever is left behind is seen slashing at thin air with blood spurting from nowhere. It's vaguely amusing to watch.

Velyanthe

Velyanthe

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Does this cover the desert spiders as well? The flat-looking ones. Still, kudos to you, I'll be using this mod once I can play Inquisition again. I've been waiting for this since release.

Also seconding the idea of removing sounds, if you can. Either removing them entirely or replacing them with something (...like nugs?). I'd rather play without sound and have a mystery enemy sneak up on me than hear those awful sounds.

Thank you so much for making this mod!

AverageSparrow

AverageSparrow

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Blessed are the peacekeepers, the champions of the just! Thank you for this mod. While I've been able to grit my teeth to get through the spiders in this game, this will probably make things much easier. I hope someday you'll get the nug models/animations to work, but this will do just fine!

tirnoney

tirnoney

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 989 posts
In response to post #29329259. #29332779, #29333204 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Well I've spent a few frustrating hours trying to alter the spider sounds and unfortunately had to concede defeat. The only two outcomes I could generate was the spiders continuing to make their normal sounds or the game crashing. Sadly the little trick I used to disable conversation doesn't appear to work on combat sounds.

If at some point in the future it becomes possible to import sound assets to the game, then fixing it will be fairly easy and I'll release a mod that does it.

Page loaded in: 0.995 seconds