Fallout 4 Launch Day News

SirSalami

http://s3.postimg.org/x4677wn6r/fo4_news.png

So, how’s everyone fairing out there in post-apocalyptic Boston? We know it can be a lonely place out there, so to help we’ve opened 5 new Fallout 4 forums including “Mod Suggestions” and “Spoilers” sections, so be sure you’re posting to the appropriate section please.

Also, we’ve heard your requests for recoloring the Fallout 4 Nexus Site. Robin has the photoshop files in storage at the moment while he sorts some things out with his house. We’ll be making some changes to the color-scheme as soon as we can, but for now we're stuck with Fallout 3 green.

In modding news, the legendary xSE Team (creators of OBSE, SKSE, FOSE, NVSE) have announced they've begun work on the Fallout 4 Script Extender (F4SE). Once released, F4SE will likely add additional capabilities for mod authors to alter game logic and other script driven systems. Like their previous extensions, F4SE will likely be the foundation on which many new mods will be made. We’re definitely looking forward to this!

Though F4SE will likely be in development for a while yet, xSE team have already released a BA2 extractor, a command-line tool that extracts the files contained in the new BA2 archive format utilized by Fallout 4. This gives access to all of the individual files used by the game, allowing mod authors to start looking “under-the-hood” and begin investigating how to inject new content. You can download the tool from this thread.

If you’re interested in digging around the game files but command-line tools are too cumbersome for you, the B.A.E. - Bethesda Archive Extractor v0.01 by jonwd7 provides a graphical interface that you may appreciate. It’s still in early development, but I imagine progress will be rapid. Thanks jonwd7!

While we’re excited to see everyone’s work, please remember not to publish your files prematurely. Published files should contain a functional mod. Published files that don’t will be subject to removal as detailed by our terms.

Meanwhile, MrsHandy has started an excellent Console Command Confirmation Thread. Here, folks are trying to figure out which console commands still exist from older Bethesda games, as well as trying to find new ones. This is an endeavour that everyone can help with, regardless of modding experience, so be sure to help out!

Exciting times to be part of this great community. Keep up the good work! Now, get back out there and report back with your stories from the wasteland...

- Dave "SirSalami" Talamas

I'm really glad Ianpatt and Behippo is back again, the script extenders are among the most important "mods" out there, so thanks xSE Team for your awesome work.

Just a thought, would F4SE be pronounced "FASE" like if using leet-speak, or what I would say is better, "FORCE" like F-four-se. (And yeah, it fits nice with a little movie coming out Dec. 18 in theaters)

Edited by Tigon_3rd

After a couple hours of game play this game needs some real work. After playing a skyrim that was modded to the extreme I had high hopes for this game. Textures suck npcs need work and choices for how your character look need real help. So come on modders bring it ... fix this game just like you all had to fix skyrim. Also make sure your have the newest drivers or game is unplayable..

It's great news that work has already begun on the script extender! I expect to see exciting things from everyone, and hope to get really stuck in myself this time around.

On the game side, I'm surprised how few bugs there are. I've only had two issues at all so far; the textures didn't load properly at Thicket Excavation and when making a second character, I had to restart Fallout 4 to move after exiting the pod.

Other than that? It's very decent. Not quite up to masterpiece standard yet, but I'm sure it will be in the coming months :D

In response to post #30273515. #30274415, #30274870 are all replies on the same post.

athiust wrote: please make this sites color blue not green like fo3, ty
Pal2alax wrote: nv's orange yellow is also good
Funeralwolf wrote: No, because then it would be like Mass Effect, and that's too far from home

Maybe a flat blue, or a terminal green.
Of course, using the same shades as the game's UI.