• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017,851 posts
Classic V.A.T.S.Bringing back the old freeze-frame V.A.T.S. like Fallout New Vegas/3 has, for those of you who don't like it, such as my friend that I made this mod for.
<br />
<br />You need to either install the mod manually or use a mod manager. I personally use

Soulztealer

Soulztealer

Stranger

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank You Thank You!!! :)

ZeRo2545

ZeRo2545

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Thanks a lot!

Reveurr

Reveurr

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Very interesting mod.

I've got a question: you were able to modify how time passes during VATS.
Do you think you could adapt it to create a "Slowmo" mod?
Basically activates / desactivates a slow motion sequence, when VATS' activated, without the body aim selection part.

Here's the link for the existant F3 mod:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39491/?

And FNV:
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35823/?

Thanks for reading me :D

Edited by Reveurr, 14 November 2015 - 08:15 PM.

Bellumaro

Bellumaro

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
im a bit stunned... the old VATS isnt that great compared to the new one.
Old VATS: stop motion... frak the target isnt on the good position, turn off VATS, enemy moving on the spot you want, reVATS.. oh damm didnt scored any crits, im in deep, the Deathclaw gonna chew me up, no more APs...

New VATS: great the enemy is moving closer and outta cover, wait a bit, 14% turns 83% blam blam blam, crit bar is full (carried from last VATS) boom crit headshot. head blown off!

I dunno, the old VATS was only good for target swapping and take lots of time checking hit %, but the new one.. damm its hot! To actually get to see the % moving up for each body part plus the ability to not being subject to only luck to do crits... its awesome! You guys should really give it a real go. Been playing since Fallout 1, VATS from F3 and FNV were cool, but the F4 is by far superior. Give yourself time to get used to it (took me 2 fights to get the hang of it, but im a Vet of F series so..) I dont say it sucks or you guys sucks, but only you are missing out a great innovation to the game. But in the end its modifiable, so anybody can do anything the want afterall

Edited by Bellumaro, 14 November 2015 - 08:04 PM.

dstar3k

dstar3k

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 35 posts
Can I ask how you made this? I want it desperately, but if you used tesvsnip I'm not willing to risk it....

ZeRo2545

ZeRo2545

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
In response to post #30406505.

Spoiler

You make some good points, but one thing I like about the F3 VATS is that I can use it to pause the game and think about how I'm going to procede during the fight and come up with a bit of strategy. It's especially useful on the harder difficulties.

Edited by ZeRo2545, 14 November 2015 - 08:12 PM.

spaik007

spaik007

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey where do you put the .esp file? I put it in data, but then i go into the fallout launcher menu and there is no data files option and a check list like in fallout 3

what do I do wrong?

Jefff1984

Jefff1984

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Cool !!!

Edited by Jefff1984, 14 November 2015 - 08:18 PM.

madpaddy

madpaddy

Madpaddy

• Premium Member
  • 6,511 posts
Thank god, thank you.

Page loaded in: 1.079 seconds