The Witcher 3 Holiday Outfit Mod Contest

SirSalami

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31817020.

BlueWarlord wrote: Unfortunately, this contest seems to apply mainly to graphic artists. Many really great modders are only coders/programmers, who make valuable gameplay additions. Contest seems to really ignore them. I'll be interested to see how many submissions CDPR get. My guess, <1000

if they're lucky, they'll get 50-100 entries at best :/
the so called "modding tools" aka buggy assets extractor, is extremely limited and incredibly hard to learn with bare bone documentation, so people are bound to stay away from it. Edited by webhead91

In response to post #31811750.

maty743 wrote: I really want to do it but modding armors seems to be far too tricky. Not having any tutorials on how armor models work and how to get them working in game etc seems like it is going to limit the competition to the few people who actually have a carrier in the industry with vast knowledge. I might try a re texture but it will be hard to create something unique enough compared with the few people who upload new models. I wish Bethesda did stuff like this :(

true. but at least bethesda always gave the community actual modding tools, unlike CDPR, and that's comming from a massive CDPR fan. Edited by webhead91

In response to post #31811750. #31822495 is also a reply to the same post.

maty743 wrote: I really want to do it but modding armors seems to be far too tricky. Not having any tutorials on how armor models work and how to get them working in game etc seems like it is going to limit the competition to the few people who actually have a carrier in the industry with vast knowledge. I might try a re texture but it will be hard to create something unique enough compared with the few people who upload new models. I wish Bethesda did stuff like this :(
webhead91 wrote: true. but at least bethesda always gave the community actual modding tools, unlike CDPR, and that's comming from a massive CDPR fan.

asdf Edited by Engobbaz

In response to post #31815380.

DeGorro82 wrote: The Witcher 3 surely a GOTY, but the life span are at the end. After 1st Big DLC, TW3 had nothing to be expected until the 2nd Big DLC coming out. So here they are, making Mod Contest that surely will prolong the game until the next DLC.

The life span of an open world RPG does not end that easily. The modding community prolongs it pretty well. Your statement would be true for the first 2 Witcher games maybe, but even these still have the replay value of making different decisions and finding out what other rewards they bring. Edited by blattgeist

In response to post #31815380. #31841755 is also a reply to the same post.

DeGorro82 wrote: The Witcher 3 surely a GOTY, but the life span are at the end. After 1st Big DLC, TW3 had nothing to be expected until the 2nd Big DLC coming out. So here they are, making Mod Contest that surely will prolong the game until the next DLC.
blattgeist wrote: The life span of an open world RPG does not end that easily. The modding community prolongs it pretty well. Your statement would be true for the first 2 Witcher games maybe, but even these still have the replay value of making different decisions and finding out what other rewards they bring.

Lifespan might be over for people like me suffering Geraldism after 200 hours. I mean I would go back for another playthrough, but due to the lack of character creation I will not. Without character creation I have no interest in this series anymore, no matter how good it was.

In response to post #31815380. #31841755, #31849450 are all replies on the same post.

blattgeist wrote: The life span of an open world RPG does not end that easily. The modding community prolongs it pretty well. Your statement would be true for the first 2 Witcher games maybe, but even these still have the replay value of making different decisions and finding out what other rewards they bring.
gmbee wrote: Lifespan might be over for people like me suffering Geraldism after 200 hours. I mean I would go back for another playthrough, but due to the lack of character creation I will not. Without character creation I have no interest in this series anymore, no matter how good it was.

@blattgeist CdProjekt f*cked up when it came to mod support. The tools offered were lacking and the Witcher 3 will never have the kind of modding community like Skyrim or Fallout. They can't even make new outfits or armors, and i am not even talking about new maps, quests, gameplay changes, and even overhauls. Tweaking and texture replacement sums up Witcher 3 modding.

And i am not dissing the game. Still think its the best RPG and GoY for 2015, better than Fallout for sure. But the modding part was disappointing.

In response to post #31817020. #31822325 is also a reply to the same post.

BlueWarlord wrote: Unfortunately, this contest seems to apply mainly to graphic artists. Many really great modders are only coders/programmers, who make valuable gameplay additions. Contest seems to really ignore them. I'll be interested to see how many submissions CDPR get. My guess, <1000
webhead91 wrote: if they're lucky, they'll get 50-100 entries at best :/
the so called "modding tools" aka buggy assets extractor, is extremely limited and incredibly hard to learn with bare bone documentation, so people are bound to stay away from it.

@webhead91 bump this comment. We deserved better. bad call from developers

In response to post #31817020. #31822325, #31850270 are all replies on the same post.

the so called "modding tools" aka buggy assets extractor, is extremely limited and incredibly hard to learn with bare bone documentation, so people are bound to stay away from it.
cerealkiller93 wrote: @webhead91 bump this comment. We deserved better. bad call from developers

Bad call? In that case we should get no contest at all, so no one feels being at disadvantage.

In response to post #31817020. #31822325, #31850270, #31850350 are all replies on the same post.

cerealkiller93 wrote: @webhead91 bump this comment. We deserved better. bad call from developers
slingshotnetworks wrote: Bad call? In that case we should get no contest at all, so no one feels being at disadvantage.

I wonder... how would a coder/programmer make a Christmas themed mod, without any new models/textures?

And I'd say 50-100 entries is quite a lot for such a contest.