The Witcher 3 Holiday Outfit Mod Contest

SirSalami

In response to post #31817020. #31822325, #31850270, #31850350, #31859340 are all replies on the same post.

BlueWarlord wrote: Unfortunately, this contest seems to apply mainly to graphic artists. Many really great modders are only coders/programmers, who make valuable gameplay additions. Contest seems to really ignore them. I'll be interested to see how many submissions CDPR get. My guess, <1000
webhead91 wrote: if they're lucky, they'll get 50-100 entries at best :/
the so called "modding tools" aka buggy assets extractor, is extremely limited and incredibly hard to learn with bare bone documentation, so people are bound to stay away from it.
cerealkiller93 wrote: @webhead91 bump this comment. We deserved better. bad call from developers
slingshotnetworks wrote: Bad call? In that case we should get no contest at all, so no one feels being at disadvantage.
Zaldiir wrote: I wonder... how would a coder/programmer make a Christmas themed mod, without any new models/textures?

And I'd say 50-100 entries is quite a lot for such a contest.

@Zaldiir yeah i know. i was just trying to be optimistic v_v
even though i can't see it happening. Edited by webhead91

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31815380. #31841755, #31849450, #31850240 are all replies on the same post.

DeGorro82 wrote: The Witcher 3 surely a GOTY, but the life span are at the end. After 1st Big DLC, TW3 had nothing to be expected until the 2nd Big DLC coming out. So here they are, making Mod Contest that surely will prolong the game until the next DLC.
blattgeist wrote: The life span of an open world RPG does not end that easily. The modding community prolongs it pretty well. Your statement would be true for the first 2 Witcher games maybe, but even these still have the replay value of making different decisions and finding out what other rewards they bring.
gmbee wrote: Lifespan might be over for people like me suffering Geraldism after 200 hours. I mean I would go back for another playthrough, but due to the lack of character creation I will not. Without character creation I have no interest in this series anymore, no matter how good it was.
cerealkiller93 wrote: @blattgeist CdProjekt f*cked up when it came to mod support. The tools offered were lacking and the Witcher 3 will never have the kind of modding community like Skyrim or Fallout. They can't even make new outfits or armors, and i am not even talking about new maps, quests, gameplay changes, and even overhauls. Tweaking and texture replacement sums up Witcher 3 modding.

And i am not dissing the game. Still think its the best RPG and GoY for 2015, better than Fallout for sure. But the modding part was disappointing.

Are we realllly trying to slap Witcher 3 game? I love both FO4 and Witcher 3 but what happened to Fallout community? Just because Witcher 3 is a better game every Fallout fans shits their pants and start to throw their own fecal matter everywhere on forum. Why can't there be love for both games? They're both single players and worth every $$$ you spend, unlike other so-call video game, where they rip you off!

In response to post #31815380. #31841755, #31849450, #31850240, #31862285 are all replies on the same post.

DeGorro82 wrote: The Witcher 3 surely a GOTY, but the life span are at the end. After 1st Big DLC, TW3 had nothing to be expected until the 2nd Big DLC coming out. So here they are, making Mod Contest that surely will prolong the game until the next DLC.
blattgeist wrote: The life span of an open world RPG does not end that easily. The modding community prolongs it pretty well. Your statement would be true for the first 2 Witcher games maybe, but even these still have the replay value of making different decisions and finding out what other rewards they bring.
gmbee wrote: Lifespan might be over for people like me suffering Geraldism after 200 hours. I mean I would go back for another playthrough, but due to the lack of character creation I will not. Without character creation I have no interest in this series anymore, no matter how good it was.
cerealkiller93 wrote: @blattgeist CdProjekt f*cked up when it came to mod support. The tools offered were lacking and the Witcher 3 will never have the kind of modding community like Skyrim or Fallout. They can't even make new outfits or armors, and i am not even talking about new maps, quests, gameplay changes, and even overhauls. Tweaking and texture replacement sums up Witcher 3 modding.

And i am not dissing the game. Still think its the best RPG and GoY for 2015, better than Fallout for sure. But the modding part was disappointing.
LuckyStars22 wrote: Are we realllly trying to slap Witcher 3 game? I love both FO4 and Witcher 3 but what happened to Fallout community? Just because Witcher 3 is a better game every Fallout fans shits their pants and start to throw their own fecal matter everywhere on forum. Why can't there be love for both games? They're both single players and worth every $$$ you spend, unlike other so-call video game, where they rip you off!

@LuckyStars22
What?! Who's slapping Witcher 3? Some perfectly valid statements are made here, and I think everyone agrees TW3 is a great game?....

It is sad however, that the tools available to mod the game are not easy to understand and use, and that is putting it mildly. This does in fact mean, to a certain subset of players, that the life span of a game becomes shorter (This counts especially for Bethesda game fans, who are the primary Nexus users).
Also, there are some seriously fundamental differences between FO4 or Bethesda games in general and TW3. In no way does that make either of them bad, but you cannot state that fans of one should be fans of the other.

TW3 is primarily story focussed (and an excellent one at that), has a voiced pre-made protagonist that has an already established back-story. Being so heavy on story, it is riddled with cut-scenes, it basically is an excellent movie cut in pieces with good gameplay in-between. There isn't the same amount of I go and kill everyone freedom you get in Bethesda games, nor can you go first person. Depending on what type of player you are, these pre-moulded and cut-scene riddled games may not be for everyone, and vice versa. Bethesda always lacked a seriously good story, apart from perhaps Morrowind.

Again, both great games, but you can't say one is better because you happen to like it more. They may both be single player RPG's, that doesn't mean they are equal.

In response to post #31815380. #31841755, #31849450, #31850240, #31862285, #31878075 are all replies on the same post.

LuckyStars22 wrote: Are we realllly trying to slap Witcher 3 game? I love both FO4 and Witcher 3 but what happened to Fallout community? Just because Witcher 3 is a better game every Fallout fans shits their pants and start to throw their own fecal matter everywhere on forum. Why can't there be love for both games? They're both single players and worth every $$$ you spend, unlike other so-call video game, where they rip you off!
SjoertJansen wrote: @LuckyStars22
What?! Who's slapping Witcher 3? Some perfectly valid statements are made here, and I think everyone agrees TW3 is a great game?....

It is sad however, that the tools available to mod the game are not easy to understand and use, and that is putting it mildly. This does in fact mean, to a certain subset of players, that the life span of a game becomes shorter (This counts especially for Bethesda game fans, who are the primary Nexus users).
Also, there are some seriously fundamental differences between FO4 or Bethesda games in general and TW3. In no way does that make either of them bad, but you cannot state that fans of one should be fans of the other.

TW3 is primarily story focussed (and an excellent one at that), has a voiced pre-made protagonist that has an already established back-story. Being so heavy on story, it is riddled with cut-scenes, it basically is an excellent movie cut in pieces with good gameplay in-between. There isn't the same amount of I go and kill everyone freedom you get in Bethesda games, nor can you go first person. Depending on what type of player you are, these pre-moulded and cut-scene riddled games may not be for everyone, and vice versa. Bethesda always lacked a seriously good story, apart from perhaps Morrowind.

Again, both great games, but you can't say one is better because you happen to like it more. They may both be single player RPG's, that doesn't mean they are equal.

I agree with Blattgeist about mods prolonging the life of a game, but I noticed that Witcher 3 has less than 800 mods and there is no category for quest mods which I think is at the heart of this extended life. Quality companion mods help as well.

If there was a holiday themed outfit for Inigo and Vilja, what would we do in January? Of course, in Skyrim, you can never go wrong with winter wear. ;-)

Seems like Witcher fans should demand more mods. Never played Morrowind, but I noticed when I was looking for Witcher 3 mods that Morrowind modders have been stepping up to bat in creating mods since the dawn of... well, whenever it came out.

Same here. Witcher3 is a good RPG,imo. I wish there was more questing though. I won't tire of the Witcher world and the 'what you do now has consequences later' story arcs. The 'sad' thing is I haven't seen a TW3 mod that I can't live without. By the very nature of the game (meant for an adult non-Bethesda audience) the added things most modders do just aren't needed.

In response to post #31881060.

WursWaldo wrote:

Same here. Witcher3 is a good RPG,imo. I wish there was more questing though. I won't tire of the Witcher world and the 'what you do now has consequences later' story arcs. The 'sad' thing is I haven't seen a TW3 mod that I can't live without. By the very nature of the game (meant for an adult non-Bethesda audience) the added things most modders do just aren't needed.

Shunning Fallout players doesn't make you an adult. You're also implying that the modders of Fallout are kids. Why would you do that? Edited by Lezerxoxo