Fallout 4 Beta Update and DLC, Creation Kit News

SirSalami

Hey everyone! Really quick news update this time. It’s been busy around here lately and seems things are no different at Bethesda!

For those of you who choose to opt-in, a new Fallout 4 Beta Update has been released. A few new features and an extensive list of fixes are included. The full release notes and further info can be found in the official announcement: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1592402-14-beta-update/

Over the weekend, details about the first 3 upcoming add-ons were released. I’m especially excited about “Far Harbor”. Interestingly, and similar to the days before Skyrim’s major DLC releases, Bethesda has opened recruitment for participation with beta testing the upcoming content. Though I imagine relatively few will be chosen to participate, registration is quick, simple and who knows, you may get selected!

In addition, Bethesda has announced plans to expand their Fallout 4 content offerings even further. More DLC as well as free feature updates throughout the year, including a complete overhaul of the “survival” aspects of the game were mentioned. However, to reflect the additional content they are now planning, the price of the season pass (which includes all upcoming DLC) will increase from $30 to $50. Thankfully though, the lower price will remain for a short time, so it may be worth purchasing soon before the increase. The full announcement can be found at the official Bethesda site: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Lastly, following Todd Howard’s recent keynote at this year’s D.I.C.E. summit, the folks at Game Informer were able to chat with him about these announcements, console modding, future titles, and other topics. This includes the revelation that the Fallout 4 Creation Kit is due to release between DLCs  1 and 2, hopefully sometime in April! Head over to Game Informer for the full scoop: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/02/22/todd-howard-discusses-fallout-4-dlc-mods-amp-survival-mode.aspx

PC Gamer has also covered this story in case the Game Informer article is region-locked in your area: http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-modding-tools-arriving-april/

Also, for those of you interested in seeing the full D.I.C.E. keynote:

[Edit: Link Updated]

That’s it for now. Enjoy your day!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34907465.

SirSalami wrote: Hey everyone! Really quick news update this time. It’s been busy around here lately and seems things are no different at Bethesda!

For those of you who choose to opt-in, a new Fallout 4 Beta Update has been released. A few new features and an extensive list of fixes are included. The full release notes and further info can be found in the official announcement: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1592402-14-beta-update/

Over the weekend, details about the first 3 upcoming add-ons were released. I’m especially excited about “Far Harbor”. Interestingly, and similar to the days before Skyrim’s major DLC releases, Bethesda has opened recruitment for participation with beta testing the upcoming content. Though I imagine relatively few will be chosen to participate, registration is quick, simple and who knows, you may get selected!

In addition, Bethesda has announced plans to expand their Fallout 4 content offerings even further. More DLC as well as free feature updates throughout the year, including a complete overhaul of the “survival” aspects of the game were mentioned. However, to reflect the additional content they are now planning, the price of the season pass (which includes all upcoming DLC) will increase from $30 to $50. Thankfully though, the lower price will remain for a short time, so it may be worth purchasing soon before the increase. The full announcement can be found at the official Bethesda site: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-add-ons-automatron-wasteland-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Lastly, following Todd Howard’s recent keynote at this year’s D.I.C.E. summit, the folks at Game Informer were able to chat with him about these announcements, console modding, future titles, and other topics. This includes the revelation that the Fallout 4 Creation Kit is due to release between DLCs 2 and 3, hopefully sometime in April! Head over to Game Informer for the full scoop: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/02/22/todd-howard-discusses-fallout-4-dlc-mods-amp-survival-mode.aspx

PC Gamer has also covered this story in case the Game Informer article is region-locked in your area: http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-modding-tools-arriving-april/

Also, for those of you interested in seeing the full D.I.C.E. keynote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh1kaz5rCZQ

That’s it for now. Enjoy your day!

Did u test the update ?

I already bought the season pass but I'm now considering a refund.

I hate getting screwed over. They basically delayed the CK to sell more DLCs, thats the gist of it. This is despicable, it shows greed over customer satisfaction. I'm not saying they should not do DLC, but the original promise for the game was the game plus the modding tools, why am I receiving DLCs before the main promise? because the DLC is ready but the tools are not? we are not talking about 3d and 2d assets that could have been done a long time ago, we are talking about whole systems, we are also not talking about a tool that didn't existed before, whatever updates they had for CK should have been a priority over the addons.

They knew that promising the CK for fallout would sell more copies but they also knew that releasing it at the same time as the game or too soon after would make the DLC less attractive so they go for the middle ground, they promise one thing and change it later with lame excuses, 50$ for the season pass? can they really deliver 50$ worth of content? are you telling me all DLCs combined with be worth almost the totality of the main game? all of us know this is not the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if they went 2KGames on this and released a "second" season...

/rant

PS: Didn't they say Q1? or just early 2016?

Any news is good news at this point. It's been fairly quiet. The anticipation for the Creation Kit has been paramount for some time. Glad to see fixes, updates, incoming DLC and at least a mention of the possibility of April being a month to look forward to.

Thanks for the update on info.

In response to post #34909225.

kebrus wrote: I already bought the season pass but I'm now considering a refund.

I hate getting screwed over. They basically delayed the CK to sell more DLCs, thats the gist of it. This is despicable, it shows greed over customer satisfaction. I'm not saying they should not do DLC, but the original promise for the game was the game plus the modding tools, why am I receiving DLCs before the main promise? because the DLC is ready but the tools are not? we are not talking about 3d and 2d assets that could have been done a long time ago, we are talking about whole systems, we are also not talking about a tool that didn't existed before, whatever updates they had for CK should have been a priority over the addons.

They knew that promising the CK for fallout would sell more copies but they also knew that releasing it at the same time as the game or too soon after would make the DLC less attractive so they go for the middle ground, they promise one thing and change it later with lame excuses, 50$ for the season pass? can they really deliver 50$ worth of content? are you telling me all DLCs combined with be worth almost the totality of the main game? all of us know this is not the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if they went 2KGames on this and released a "second" season...

/rant

I doubt they delayed the CK for more DLC sales. DLCs are going to sell regardless because they all eventually become requirements for many mods. Especially since these DLCs will add new systems and assets, many mods will make use of them once the CK comes out.

No need to be dramatic about it. Delays and unforseen things happen all the times. They're doing something they've never done before which is getting mods onto multiple platforms without breaking down. If you've ever bothered to play around the creation kits for these games, you'll know that they're beyond buggy and barely held together with tape and chewing gum and constantly spewing our errors and always on the verge of crashing. So the more time they spend on this one, the better.

I'm really disappointed in how long it is taking them to release the CK. Not sure whether or not I'll buy the DLCs at this point. I'm probably just disappointed with how FO4 has turned out, where I'm still going back to play FONV.

In response to post #34909225. #34911540 is also a reply to the same post.

kebrus wrote: I already bought the season pass but I'm now considering a refund.

/rant

Jinxxed0 wrote: I doubt they delayed the CK for more DLC sales. DLCs are going to sell regardless because they all eventually become requirements for many mods. Especially since these DLCs will add new systems and assets, many mods will make use of them once the CK comes out.

No need to be dramatic about it. Delays and unforseen things happen all the times. They're doing something they've never done before which is getting mods onto multiple platforms without breaking down. If you've ever bothered to play around the creation kits for these games, you'll know that they're beyond buggy and barely held together with tape and chewing gum and constantly spewing our errors and always on the verge of crashing. So the more time they spend on this one, the better.

Why do you doubt it? Have you seen what as been accomplish without CK? Have they released the CK at the same time as the game and a single modder could have done the Automatron DLC by now if not more.

Also I'm not talking out of my ass, I'm a game-developer and I'm familiar with the tools from my time with Skyrim. Meteorites do happen and cannot be accounted for, while having mods on multiple platforms is new, nothing else is, in fact, even if that was the issue wouldn't it make more sense to have the tool out there so they would give modders the time to actually create stuff and see whats needed before getting it to work on the consoles? Do you really believe they'll release the CK and console mod support at the same time?

of course not...

I'm not being dramatic, the consumer should dictate with their money, Bethesda is quietly screwing over with their consumers and they (we) let them. Increasing the price for a season pass is also a first, can you take a guess why they did it? I ask again, do you really believe all DLC combined (these and future ones) are actually worth the base game in terms of scope and quality?

The only unforseen event here is how quickly the modders got to create such good tools, gotta have something to remedy that, oh wait, price increase.

They are such a bunch of good guys for giving us till the end of the month to pay less.
/sarcarm Edited by kebrus