389 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443,370 posts
Hair Mods as DLCs

Hair mods released by others, repackaged as DLCs to be more user-friendly.

Lilrene

Lilrene

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
If this works I am gonna love you forever. As I have been unable to get hair mods to work for me w/o chunkiness. Will let you know what happens

ElysiumFic

ElysiumFic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
In response to post #35587945.

Spoiler

Good luck! I understand about the "chunky" problem--which probably means the textures aren't being applied, which is a problem I had to find a way around before I could create these mods.

Let me know how it works out for you because so far I'm the only one who has tested them!

Lilrene

Lilrene

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
In response to post #35587945. #35589485 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

I tried the third one and this is what I got. Posted Image

ElysiumFic

ElysiumFic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
In response to post #35587945. #35589485, #35589810 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Hmmm. That looks like you edited the save game but it's not seeing the DLC folder?

A few things to troubleshoot first.

1) Out of the zip you downloaded, make sure you put the folder INSIDE the folder in the DLC directory. The folder that is titled DLC_CON_.... rather than the one that is titled "Kani FemShep..."

2) If you're starting from the beginning make sure you editing the appropriate savegame. I usually edit the "Chapter Save" savegame file and then choose "Restart Mission" from the Load screen.

3) Make sure there are no spaces or anything in the text you c/p into the savegame file and that you're editing both Hair Mesh in the Head Morph area, and Hair Diff/Hair Mask in the texture parameters area. Make sure you're c/ping the text from MY instructions, not from any other modding attempt you've made, because there is one slight but very important difference: my mod is telling your savegame to look for a file that is named differently from the one it would normally refer to.

Keep me posted!

Edited by ElysiumFic, 14 March 2016 - 02:20 AM.

Lilrene

Lilrene

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
In response to post #35587945. #35589485, #35589810, #35590010 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

I feel soooo stupid. *head desk* Thank you so much for this mod. Now I can have different hair.

Posted Image

ElysiumFic

ElysiumFic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
In response to post #35587945. #35589485, #35589810, #35590010, #35590430 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

YAYYYY!!!! I'M SO HAPPY IT WORKED! CONGRATULATIONS!

Talagen

Talagen

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
This is an awesome idea. Thanks so much for all your work and sharing these with us. :)

ElysiumFic

ElysiumFic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
In response to post #35594065.

Spoiler

My pleasure. There are a LOT more to come, it just takes me a while to play through a scene, collect screencaps, label them, etc, for each one.

Ecio2014

Ecio2014

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I wonder if you can do DLC mod of the jacket that you have on your screens?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.115 seconds