• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

SirSalami

SirSalami

Former Community Manager

• Premium Member
  • 4,916 posts
Bethesda Announces Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta

ATTENTION MOD USERS: THIS OPTIONAL UPDATE WILL DISABLE YOUR MODS WHILE ACTIVE!

This is to ensure that the new features can properly be tested. If you have previously opted-in, you must opt-out of the beta via Steam to continue using mods.

Phew, with that out of the way… the Survival Mode beta has launched! There is a lot of exciting stuff to take in here: the wellness system (which simulates hunger, thirst, and exhaustion), all new illnesses and antibiotics, crippled and broken limbs, and a long list of other masochistic immersive features to enhance gameplay! 

Posted Image
Image: “Not So Tasty” by Xazomm

As a big fan of the New Vegas Survival Mode and an even bigger fan of Skyrim's survival mods such as Frostfall and iNeed, I'm really excited about these additions. I think they'll add the desperate yet rewarding post-apocalyptic feeling that I felt was slightly missing after New Vegas. Bethesda even mentions four tenets of design regarding the new features: Strategy, Exploration, Resource Management, and Role Playing. Nice.

Sure, it'll likely be more difficult but as they say, nothing good ever comes easy. As one of the developers noted:

“My routine is completely different this time around. Sanctuary is my sanctuary. Each day I venture out in search of supplies, and I return home with stuff. I take it one day at time. I need to live.”
– Rick Vicens; BGS Animator, Survivor

Posted Image
Image: “Show Off Your Settlements” by “Corfus

Sounds awesome! So if you're ready (remember, this update will disable modding while opted-in), give it a try and be sure to provide feedback to Bethesda. After all, it is a beta test and I'm sure your input will be invaluable. For the full story, head-over to the the official Bethesda Blog.

Good luck, out there!

Resident poster

• Account closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,859 posts
No mods, no dice..disabled steam from the network for now.
Mods are way more important to me then silly gameplay mechanics.

woolanator

woolanator

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
In response to post #36103150.

Spoiler

its only activates if youre opted in on steam if not it wont download and apply it, youll know if you have it if it says "[beta]" next to your fallout 4 in steam

and they removed the mods for testing purposes

faresmasouty

faresmasouty

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Couldnt even load the any save without the mods as the game crashes :P
not starting a new game for this ...opting out of beta for now

hope someone figures a workaround for this mess soon

mcchuggernaut

mcchuggernaut

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Damnit, Bethesda! Modders are smart enough to know if something is wrong with their game to disable their mods first before blaming a patch! This is just an extra pain in the ass for modders, not actually useful. *facepalm*

powerneed

powerneed

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts
we need to someone to fix this disable soon bet its just one line of code somewhere

mcguffin

mcguffin

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,533 posts
In response to post #36103560.

Spoiler

modders? maybe, but mod users are not.

mcguffin

mcguffin

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,533 posts
In response to post #36103485.

Spoiler

remove your interfaces\*.swf files.

This is just the proof that they dont need mods to mess up with the testing...

Edited by mcguffin, 29 March 2016 - 06:36 PM.

DarthSokar

DarthSokar

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Yep, no mods, no cigar. Got a good idea of what few mods might conflict with whatever new records and the ability to remove/patch whatever does still conflict so this is pretty obnoxious.

( Yes I know a lot of folks aren't as savvy but I'm still annoyed because I was excited and then this. xD )

KingKittens

KingKittens

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Is there a fix for this at all? I prepared my save for the beta not knowing they would do this. I had so much stuff saved up to make sure i wouldn't starve.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.081 seconds