• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

saebel

saebel

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 370 posts
Series 9 Alpha Testers Wanted!

I have been working hard on fixing the issues found in series 8. I now have a version that I think is stable enough for people to test out. If you want to give it a try, please go to the Bethsoft forum SDR thread and read the opening post for details.

If you aren't feeling so daring, you can download the last known stable version (7.3.1). It's not as good as the new stuff, but it is functional.

-saebel

Edited by saebel, 09 April 2016 - 10:38 PM.

GBRPluss

GBRPluss

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
In response to post #36500165.

Spoiler

sdrCleanupDynamicRefs !!!

Finaly! Its great thing. Thanks man.

saebel

saebel

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 370 posts
Series 9 has moved into the Beta Test phase and can be downloaded from the Nexus forum.

I think it is very stable, and everything functions the way it should. But I need more people using it and providing feedback on the features and settings before making it official. There are also a few features I haven't decided on yet.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Vinifera7

Vinifera7

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
Can the Oblivion Reloaded nighteye shaders be used yet? I tried enabling it, but it's using the vanilla shader.

saebel

saebel

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 370 posts
In response to post #39181735.

Spoiler

Not yet. It's mentioned on the Beta Test page on the website. I'm still waiting for Alenet to add the feature that lets me hook the effect directly. Technically I could use the same tactic as the Blindness effect, but if Alenet is going to do his thing eventually, I'd rather not spend the time programming it one way as a temporary fix only to redo it all later.

On a side note, that programming is going to be really complex for me. Unlike the Blindness effect which the user has no input on, I plan on making the Oblivion Reloaded effect modifiable in-game using specialized pop up menus. Basically you would hit some sort of key-combo or menu option which would launch the interactive menus that let you set the values you want for the night eye effect. When you exit the menu, the changes should kick and you can tell whether or not it's working. Right now it's only a plan. I haven't had a chance to experiment with anything, so it could fail and folks will be stuck doing it with some of the other tools I've provided as a workaround.

Vinifera7

Vinifera7

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
In response to post #39181735. #39187700 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

No worries. I'll just use the shader switcher for now, which seems to work alright.

So far, the Series 9 beta is far and away better than either Series 7 or Series 8.

AdamRundolf001

AdamRundolf001

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
I'm gettting an error when I get to the main menu. It gets past the oblivion logo fly-in and then just throws an error.

Sirlancelot2011

Sirlancelot2011

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
I have build 8334 installed. Should I upgrade to 8335? If so, the overwriting method would be enough for updating? Or better going through the clean save route?

Thanks saebel.

Zorro99

Zorro99

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Hi Saebel,

Series 9 works great for me except fore one thing: it seems that some NPCs become transparent after they are killed. I could confirm it with Black Marsh argonian beastmasters added by MOO (without SDR - they fall and stay where they are, with SDR - they fall and almost immediately become transparent but I still can loot them if I find them). I'm pretty sure it also happened with several creatures sometimes earlier but I did not pay attention / bothered to investigate it then.

Best,
Z

jatkinson85

jatkinson85

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 722 posts
In response to post #39215410.

Spoiler

I'm seeing the same thing as well, sometimes NPC's become invisible when they are killed. Happened to me when I was raiding an Oblivion Gate, all the dremora Marknyz became invisible when I killed them, I didn't notice immediately (battle was a hectic one thanks to MOO's spawning system set to highest difficulty) but when I went to loot them I realised they had apparently vanished! I realised though I could still loot them if I managed to find their now invisible bodies.

Page loaded in: 0.692 seconds