• Please log in to reply
624 replies to this topic

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
All inquiries for help with The Mod Configuration Menu should be made here.

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

I reinstalled MCM after upgrading to PN 2.1. I have toggled ArchiveInvalidate in the FOMM, and I am using the latest version of MCM, 1.1

iHUD is still telling me I need to upgrade to 1.1, with the same results as I listed below.

Check Data/menus/prefabs/MCM/MCM.xml on line 14 for the value of <_MCM>. If it isn't 1.1, you're using an older version of the XML files. Did you give permission for these files to be overwritten when upgrading?

Befo

Befo

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,023 posts
OK, I checked and it wasn't reading as version 1.1, it said version 1. So I re-DLed the file and it looks ok in notepad. Giving it a shot now.

Erratum

Erratum

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 51 posts
Same problem here.
Then, after reinstalling MCM, I don't get the message again, but my hud has one problem : the grenade hotkey is always shown with iHud, I can't hide the grenade icon.
But anyway, thanks for the inventory sorter, greeeat addition.

Gopher

Gopher

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,598 posts
Essentially you have to isntall iHUD after Project Nevada for it to 'iHUDify' the Project Nevada icons. So install order would be:

1. Project Nevada
2. MCM 1.1
3. iHUD 3

xombie37

xombie37

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts
This may be asking a lot but is there any chance that you can make this compatible with Xbox360 controllers? I ask because as it stands right now I can't really use the mod with ease. My PC is set up as basically the entertainment hub in my living room, hooked up to my 42" TV, so I sit back and use a controller for FNV.

Would it require a lot of time and effort to make this amazing mod compatible with controllers? As I said, it's probably asking a lot, especially since my PC gaming setup isn't exactly typical, but if a patch could make using a controller possible I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by xombie37, 04 July 2011 - 02:17 AM.

Ashforoc

Ashforoc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
This mod just won't work...The only mod I have installed which could possibly affect this one is Darn's UI. I've done everything as per Gopher's instructions on Youtube and still it keeps telling me that the Data\menus\options\start_menu.xml needs to be edited... I've downloaded both the latest beta and the latest stable version and they both give me the same error message.

PS Before I reinstalled the game (so when i had tons of mods on) it did exactly the same thing. Also project nevada just DOESN'T want to work... At all, says the hud extensions weren't found. I was thinking both issues might be related...

Pelinor

Pelinor

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
You may need to modify Archive Invalidation if you haven't already; FOMM has a feature to do that automatically, under Tools.

Also, check your Datamenusoptionsstart_menu.xml to see if it's actually being edited. It sounds like the file could be read-only or FOMM doesn't have permission to edit the file.

Ashforoc

Ashforoc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
I was messing around with it a bit and it appears iHud was screwing it... I forgot to install that one AFTER unifying them (thank you Gopher!! ^^) and now it works, project nevada included =D

Anyways, thanks for the comment :)

ShinesmanOffWhite

ShinesmanOffWhite

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Having problems with MCM. I've installed FOMM, NVSE, MCM, Project Nevada, and WMX, in that order.

When I attempt to use the mod configuration menu I hear a sound acknowledging the click, but no menu comes up.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.075 seconds