Wanted: NMM Testers and Focus Group

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #36897420. #36899000, #36905335 are all replies on the same post.

frogsot wrote: What about having our mod profiles backed up to the server, so we can download all mods on the profile at once? This way if we have to reinstall the game or use another pc re-downloading all the mods would be less of a hassle.
Dark0ne wrote: That's one of the main parts of the Profile functionality we're currently testing.
chrislikesblack wrote: This is fantastic. If I were better at coding, I'd help you guys in an instant. This is god's work you do.

That is so awesome that words cannot express it, without swearing

Oh, there is a GitHub page for NMM. My previous guess that it's developed in C# is right it seems :P

It will take a while to step into this project because it's already quite large. So many classes. A cd would be useful. Still, why is there no use of generics and/or abstractions? It would adding new games to the NMM more easier :-)

In response to post #36893740.

Jinxxed0 wrote: I dont want to share my profiles because I modify just about every single mod i download and at least 60% of the mods i use come from somehwere else or are my personal mods. I dont want to download other people's profiles either. so please don't ruin the experience for those of us who don;'t want that stuff. Don't be windows 8/10

Then don't share your profile or download other people's profiles, then...

I read this reply as a promise that the new profile uploading features will be implemented as truly optional with no impact on the people who don't want to use them. That's good news!

Such a reassurance is needed, because only several months ago the profiles themselves were added as an obligatory to use feature with far reaching consequences for people who don't want to use them but have no way to switch them of.

(You can't "not use the profiles", by design you are always using some default profile. Even if you never create a profile you are using the one the software created for you with all the consequences of the virtual install logic)

jinxxed0 was simply expressing the concern that I also (an other users) have that the new features will not be entirely optional and will create additional problems for the users who don't want to use them. So it is really nice the have the assurance of the site owner that this is not going to be the case.

In response to post #36910965.

prinyo wrote:

In response to post #36893740.

Jinxxed0 wrote: I dont want to share my profiles because I modify just about every single mod i download and at least 60% of the mods i use come from somehwere else or are my personal mods. I dont want to download other people's profiles either. so please don't ruin the experience for those of us who don;'t want that stuff. Don't be windows 8/10

Then don't share your profile or download other people's profiles, then...

I read this reply as a promise that the new profile uploading features will be implemented as truly optional with no impact on the people who don't want to use them. That's good news!

Such a reassurance is needed, because only several months ago the profiles themselves were added as an obligatory to use feature with far reaching consequences for people who don't want to use them but have no way to switch them of.

(You can't "not use the profiles", by design you are always using some default profile. Even if you never create a profile you are using the one the software created for you with all the consequences of the virtual install logic)

jinxxed0 was simply expressing the concern that I also (an other users) have that the new features will not be entirely optional and will create additional problems for the users who don't want to use them. So it is really nice the have the assurance of the site owner that this is not going to be the case.

It would be a huge breach of privacy if all the mods you use in NMM were automatically shared with everyone on the internet. So, naturally, this is going to be completely opt-in and can safely be ignored if you have no interest in it. Edited by Dark0ne

If there's one feature I've always wanted in NMM that existed in the old managers such as Oblivion Mod Manager, is to open up BSA files or archives if you will.

So my question is; is there any reason why this isn't implemented yet? This is something I really want to know.

This is good news and I'm happy you guys are doing this. I have some feedback for you, Paul, or anyone on the team. The forum thread containing NMM's changelog and expected next release has been incorrect for a long time and/or misleading. The actual changelog not being updated is an issue but much less of one than the "next build' section at the bottom, which for a long time, has incorrectly stated the expected release of 62.0, as well as the release of mod profile sharing - it currently says "Late November!"

I'd just like to ask that the thread be maintained with new releases, but also, either offer realistic or generous time frames for new version releases, or remove that section altogether.

Cheers