Fallout 4 1.5 Update Public Service Announcement

SirSalami

"There's not a lot they can do yet other than edit textures and a couple other things, because the Creation Kit isn't out," Howard told Tech Insider. "And once it's out early next year, I think the sky's the limit."

- Dec 3, 2015, Business Insider: “What to expect from 'Fallout 4' in 2016

As you’re probably aware, the 1.5 update is currently in open beta and will likely be officially released very soon and with it comes the long-awaited Fallout 4 Creation Kit. Along with this, Bethesda is changing the way plugins will be handled by the game.

The result is that mod management software, including our own Nexus Mod Manager, will need to be updated to adhere to the new standards being set by Bethesda. Thankfully, by providing access to the beta updates, Bethesda has allowed us to be able to preemptively make the changes needed to NMM so that when the patch does arrive, you will be affected as minimally as possible. However, there are some things you need to be aware of:

When the Fallout 4 1.5 update is released, NMM users will need the to have the latest version installed. With that done, the first time you open NMM with the Fallout 1.5 update installed, all of your plugins will no longer be enabled. If you take advantage of NMM’s profile system, this can be most simply resolved by selecting “Import load-order” from the “Profile” menu, which will enable all of the the plugins associated with that profile at once. Otherwise, if you are not using an NMM profile, you will need to enable each plugin again in the usual fashion, either by selecting the plugins and clicking the green check-mark, or simply double-clicking each one. This is only a one-time thing that you will be reminded of the first time you open NMM with the 1.5 update installed.

Other mod management software (such as Mod Organizer) may handle this differently so be sure to check with them to understand what steps you may need to take. To those of you that prefer manual installation, the process has also been slightly streamlined so we’ve updated the wiki accordingly.

It’s important to remember that the amazing work that the Fallout 4 modding community has accomplished so-far has all been done without official support or tools from Bethesda. The pending release of the Creation Kit will not only provide the tools needed to make more expansive changes to the core game that we’re all looking forward to, but also likely more education directly from Bethesda themselves. Hopefully all of this leads into a healthy relationship between us and the new Bethesda.net mod repository, as well as the upcoming console modding community.

Very exciting times, indeed! This is going to be a unique transition period for the Fallout 4 community and we’re hoping to help make it as seamless and fruitful as possible. We’ll be sure to keep you updated with any developments!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for this report. I appreciate it a lot that the NMM is being updated to reflect the new plugin-system of Fallout 4 1.5. It's a very handy tool for this game and knowing that it is prepared for the next update and the Creation Kit is good to know and something to look forward to.

Time to set steam to offline mode (and see how this major update is received) and set up my NMM profile. Meh.

"There's not a lot they can do yet other than edit textures and a couple other things, because the Creation Kit isn't out," Howard told Tech Insider. "And once it's out early next year, I think the sky's the limit."

- Dec 3, 2015, Business Insider: “What to expect from 'Fallout 4' in 2016”

Howard clearly underestimates the awesome creativity of those of you who have already uploaded 9,326 mods to the NEXUS FO4 site. Kudos to all you modders and I for one cannot wait to see what you all create now that the CK is finally on the way. =)

ps. anyknow if the face texture bug introduced in the 20 Apr 6.5Mb update will be fixed in time for this major update??

Edited by ravernware

In response to post #36926540.

ravernware wrote: Time to set steam to offline mode (and see how this major update is received) and set up my NMM profile. Meh.

- Dec 3, 2015, Business Insider: “What to expect from 'Fallout 4' in 2016”

Howard clearly underestimates the awesome creativity of those of you who have already uploaded 9,326 mods to the NEXUS FO4 site. Kudos to all you modders and I for one cannot wait to see what you all create now that the CK is finally on the way. =)

ps. anyknow if the face texture bug introduced in the 20 Apr 6.5Mb update will be fixed in time for this major update??

Already fixed - they fixed it the following day with another hot-fix.

In response to post #36925540.

Graff wrote: Does the new version of NMM with the new plugin framework also enable mods for Survival Mode, or is that issue caused by something else entirely?

As I understand it, Mods and the Console were disabled for beta testing alone(by Bethesda), to ensure any problems reported are unrelated to any mod conflicts etc.

I'd expect when survival moves out of beta everything will go back to normal......with modders working their magic once again :D

In response to post #36927805.

High Priest Mikhal wrote: There's one thing I still want to know: why did they make computer players--the ones who will be making mods--wait on their distribution platform for consoles before they released the GECK? Why not just give it to us ASAP so there will be "real" mods available for Bethesda.net?

because had they done that, nobody would've bought the DLC's...

Modders would have made all that stuff by themselves (most of WW dlc was already available even before Bethesda released a trailer/info about it)

In response to post #36928540.

Puttyngton wrote: None of my mods work. They didn't auto disable so i disabled them myself and the enabled them all again separately.

Any solutions?

1.5 hasn't dropped yet, so the patch is not the culprit. Also, what an odd creature. Here I am, replying to your post, yet under "posts" and "kudos" above, there is nothing, not even zeroes. Peculiar.

Anyway, whatever has gone wrong for you, it isn't this. I can't say I'm certain exactly what you did or why, but I think the simplest notion is to start by verifying your game files through Steam, and then try setting up your load order again.