624 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,443,386 posts
Uncapped Settlement Surplus

Makes settlements produce surplus (water, food, etc) even if there's already surplus in the workbench

reviek

reviek

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
"Yes, that means even if you tear down half a dozen trees and leave the wood in a workbench, settlers will decide their work is done and never produce scrap again."

Those lazy assholes! lol.

Endorsed!

keroch12

keroch12

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Can you make a mod, that when you link 2 settlements, the resources in the one (water and food in particilur) go ot the workbench you are currently using. (ex. i have 3 settlements producing 20 purifired water a day, and after 1 day i find all the water in the first linked settlement.)

b737

b737

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
can u make mod that will give food (production - population)*10%= random fruits/vegetables ? I use Fallout 4 Loot Overhaul thats prevents from harvesting all vegetables from farms and its quite good ... in vanillia u can take all food from farms and leave them with nothing still i think that it should be possible to get some vegetables from ur settelments but its should be hard not like in vanillia.

SamusKnight2K

SamusKnight2K

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts
Wait seriously? I had no idea the game did this. That explains why I can make a whole settlement dedicated to tato growing and never see surplus unless I grow it myself. Seems like a stupid idea to make...

IDontEvenKnow

IDontEvenKnow

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,661 posts
In response to post #37095340.

Spoiler

Theoretically yes, but I'm not sure how to go about linking the settlements, defining which settlements should send things where.

I'd rather look into linking the inventories of any unlocked workbenches together somehow, like the General Stores mod for Skyrim.

IDontEvenKnow

IDontEvenKnow

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,661 posts
In response to post #37101700.

Spoiler

I assume the idea behind it was to prevent 100,000 water or whatever from piling up just by doing nothing... but on the other hand, if you give the player the ability to create such setups, it seems silly to arbitrarily limit it like they do.

IDontEvenKnow

IDontEvenKnow

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,661 posts
In response to post #37098050.

Spoiler

I'm not sure I understand the question. The current formula gives out (production - population) fruits/vegetables weighted based on what's planted at the same settlement... do you want these values reduced by 90%? If that's the case, you could just go through the leveled lists (WorkshopProduceCorn, WorkshopProduceCarrot and so forth) and set ChanceNone on each of them to 90.

gamefever

gamefever

Resident poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,002 posts
Its going to be nice not having to empty out my workbenches into other containers all the time, I've long known that there was some sort of CAP but didn't know the formula for how it worked thanks.

PaganoCristo

PaganoCristo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
You sir are a savior.

Edited by PaganoCristo, 28 April 2016 - 07:24 AM.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.101 seconds