Pop-ups

Crisb92

Hey Dark0ne, I just wondered if the pop-ups that I'm experiencing while using TESNexus are intentional and if they are really necessary. If they are I'll ignore them, anythings better than this site not being able to continue, but just thought I'd ask.

Cris.

Dark0ne needs money. TESNexus isn't cheep what with it's multiple servers. Most money (by any media source) is earned by advertising. That's why TVs have so many commercials, and why TESNexus has pop-ups. They won't go away unless every single member pays Dark0ne and becomes a 'Supporter'. That's not going to happen, so the pop-ups will never go away (unless you have a good pop-up blocker! :P ).

Yup, the pop-unders are a new addition after assessing multiple different advertising formats. The choice was between pop-unders (1/24hr frequency cap), interstitials; the full page take overs that have the "click here to proceed" links in the top right corner (1/24hr freq cap), or in-page text links that cause those annoying bubbles to pop-up when you roll-over a relavent link. I chose the pop-unders as I thought they'd be the least annoying of the three.

Yeah, was the adware on my machine part of your "different advertising formats?" Because now we're spending good holiday money getting them removed from my machine, and TESNexus is the only place I get popups because of my popup blocker. I am really ticked Dark0ne.

Not that I know of. None of my multiple programs on multiple computers and OS have flagged an issue, so time to take a deeper look at your browsing habbits. Spending money for adware/spyware removers is quite amusing what with there being numerous free options out there.

Similarly, pop-unders are no different to normal banners as a "security risk" so there's no need to crap your pants when you see a pop-under.

Thanks for that, Dark0ne, I fully support the site, and would become a member if I could get the money together, I'm a student, I'm sure you understand. Thanks for considering which would be the least annoying, I believe you made the right choice.

I'm so used to it that it hardly bothers me anymore on the internet, keep up the good work,

Cris.

Archived