Centaur Font Replacement

Replaces the Futura font with Centaur

Subuki

Subuki

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't think a serif font works, mostly because the font was kerned for the futura font, so now all the description text looks like they all connect at the base... Judging from the screenshots anyway. Is it possible to format the text? Or would that mean you would have to individually format all lines of text somehow?

Bahamut Zero

Bahamut Zero

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
much better man. Is there a way of decreasing font size? or will that just make everything look like s*** with the interface. Considering everything else is BIG.

xaliqen

xaliqen

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
Awesome work! I'm downloading it now, will endorse ASAP.

Valistar

Valistar

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Decreasing the font size would require changing things elsewhere in the game files. I'll be poking around more in the UI files as I try to move some parts around, I might run across it. I imagine it would require changing each field (Continue, New Game, Options, etc.) individually. Dunno though. Not particularly familiar with fonts or flash.

Which brings me to Subuki...google just told me what kerning is, but I still dont follow your comment. Not my area of expertise, I just couldnt stand Futura. Would definitely appreciate any alternative fonts that people think would fit Skyrim better. Skyrim's all purpose font expects a variety of Cyrillic and...other characters outside the basic A-Z set, so small custom fonts may not work if those characters are ever actually displayed in game. I havent played much, yet.

Edited by Valistar, 13 November 2011 - 03:05 AM.

Bahamut Zero

Bahamut Zero

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Also there is an issue in the load and save screen. Take a look. Cut off words.

ShadowDragyn

ShadowDragyn

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts
Looks awesome. Yours is the more stylized font, right? Morpheus font might look good too.

Sofacykel

Sofacykel

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'd rather see Helvetica if anything like this type of font, but it's okay I guess.

trogdorian1

trogdorian1

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
USE JOKERMAN FONT NEXT TIME

searanox

searanox

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Good font and already a major improvement. Would like to see a few more choices if possible but already it improves the feel of the interface significantly. I second the Morpheus font already suggested, I think it'd go well with the interface's overall clean look.

Edited by searanox, 13 November 2011 - 04:39 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.003 seconds