• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033,955 posts
Ascension Overhaul

Marcsward

Marcsward

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 335 posts
Wow, I'm really looking forward to see how this all turns out! Thank you.

Dethraker

Dethraker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
In response to post #43113295.

Spoiler

So am I! I can't wait to add more features for everyone to enjoy, things are going to take time but we're constantly working on this mod. Thanks for checking out the details and hope you enjoy playing through it!

MajorFreak

MajorFreak

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
*jaw drops*

Slusherbandicoot

Slusherbandicoot

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
i cant get this to work. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the mod twice but the game wont load up. what am i doing wrong

Dethraker

Dethraker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
In response to post #43143460.

Spoiler

You have to make sure to copy all the files over from the zip folder. There is an install.txt file that gives more details on the install.

We recommend a fresh Long War install, so uninstall Long War, verify game integrity through Steam, reinstall Long War, then follow the instructions in the INSTALL.txt file included in the zip folder.

You need both the Long War mod as well as the PatcherGUI program made by WGhost. You can find PatcherGUI inside the UPKUtils modpack by WGhost here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/448/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fxcom%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D448&pUp=1

If you still have issues after this then we likely need to get into a chat service like discord to help you get it up and running.

Slusherbandicoot

Slusherbandicoot

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
In response to post #43143460. #43144625 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

i got it to work now. i completely forgot that verifying game integrity was an option thanks for the help!

Dethraker

Dethraker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
In response to post #43143460. #43144625, #43166240 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

Glad you got it to work! Let us know what you think of the changes so far once you've had the chance to play for awhile.

morro123

morro123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I cant code I cant do art I cant playtest, all I can say is thank you, keep with xcom ew a long time before switching to xcom2 or anything else. please. What long war did was enourmous, but still this game can be so much more...it's nice to hear that someone is still making some major modding with it.
List of suggestions. Probably unrealistic and too much work so don't sweat it.

- Soldier personality...see JA2 (buffs/debuffs triggered by certain actions?)
- Solider interaction...see JA2, Valkyria (morale modifiers based on soldier opinions of companions//officer?)
- Soldier history/diary...see OXCOM
- Merc hiring, commander reputation...see JA2
- Soldiers gain/loose exp/perks based on field action not just kills=exp...

keep it up!

Dethraker

Dethraker

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
In response to post #43268790.

Spoiler

Thanks for the kind words morro123, in regards to suggestions:

1) Currently no plans, but interesting suggestion. Maybe we can discuss some options around this sort of thing
2) We have discussed this, but it wasn't widely liked by those we're working with. The reason being that people would just not take those giving negatives and only take those providing positives. Who knows though we might figure something out.
3) This would require a great deal of work and I doubt we'll get to it anytime soon as we're looking to make gameplay changes currently
4) Merc hiring is in! That's actually the main focus of this preview version for Ascension. Not sure exactly what you mean by commander reputation though...would this change funding/defense status/etc for the council countries???
5) This is actually something we want to do, soldier don't just gain stats because they hit a certain milestone, they gain stats because they do something often and get good at it. Not sure when this will become a main focus, but it is something we have discussed extensively.

We intend to keep it up, and only time will tell if/when we move to XCom 2, I know we have allot planned as it is and have more ideas every day so it could end up being quite some time before we even glance in the direction of XCom 2.

Page loaded in: 0.971 seconds