Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

7018713-1476893637.png

There won’t be many people who frequent the Nexus that won’t have heard of a certain big release happening this Friday the 28th October. Skyrim: Special Edition will finally be released and after our recent discussion with the community, we have set up Skyrim: Special Edition as a new game on Nexus Mods. We’re now ready to accept the myriad of mods already being created by people who were lucky enough to get access to the beta test. The new url is http://nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition.

We have also added a tool that will let the author of any Skyrim mod page duplicate most of their information over to a totally new mod page on our Skyrim: Special Edition site. To do this you can use the "Duplicate to SkyrimSE" link which is available on every Skyrim mod you've created, or you can duplicate them all at once from the manage your files page on Skyrim Nexus.

6499047-1477513592.gif

Duplicated mods will have the mod description, images, videos, tags and permissions copied over to a totally new mod page under the Skyrim: Special Edition game page. All other information will be blank, including download stats, endorsements, comments, bugs and files. The two mods will then be totally different from that point onwards and will be in no way linked. You can find more information about this decision here.

If you do not currently have access to Skyrim Special Edition, please do not publish your mods until you can make 100% sure that they are working within the game. Some users will want to download mods now, despite the fact they cannot play them yet, so that they’re ready for the game’s release on Friday. If you are releasing your mods without first ensuring they work for Skyrim SE then that’s just not fair on them. So please be patient and wait to test your mods thoroughly before publishing. Any mods that are duplicated over to the new site will be unpublished by default, please check the page is correct and everything is in order before ‘publishing’ and making it live.

We’re hoping to see the Skyrim: Special Edition section fill up with mods for your enjoyment, and we’ll be around all weekend keeping an eye on developments.

We’ve been working on Skyrim: Special Edition support for Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) - and we should be ready to release it shortly after the game launches once we have tested everything on the release version of the game.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43574445.

SirSalami wrote: 7018713-1476893637.png

There won't be many people who frequent the Nexus that won't have heard of a certain big release happening this Friday the 28th October. Skyrim: Special Edition will finally be released and after our recent discussion with the community, we have set up Skyrim: Special Edition as a new game on Nexus Mods. We're now ready to accept the myriad of mods already being created by people who were lucky enough to get access to the beta test. The new url is http://nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition.

We have also added a tool that will let the author of any Skyrim mod page duplicate most of their information over to a totally new mod page on our Skyrim: Special Edition site. To do this you can use the "Duplicate to SkyrimSE" link which is available on every Skyrim mod you've created, or you can duplicate them all at once from the manage your files page on Skyrim Nexus.

http://s3.postimg.org/ko7mfdmur/sse_duplication_screen.gif

Duplicated mods will have the mod description, images, videos, tags and permissions copied over to a totally new mod page under the Skyrim: Special Edition game page. All other information will be blank, including download stats, endorsements, comments, bugs and files. The two mods will then be totally different from that point onwards and will be in no way linked. You can find more information about this decision here.

If you do not currently have access to Skyrim Special Edition, please do not publish your mods until you can make 100% sure that they are working within the game. Some users will want to download mods now, despite the fact they cannot play them yet, so that they're ready for the game's release on Friday. If you are releasing your mods without first ensuring they work for Skyrim SE then that's just not fair on them. So please be patient and wait to test your mods thoroughly before publishing. Any mods that are duplicated over to the new site will be unpublished by default, please check the page is correct and everything is in order before ‘publishing' and making it live.

We're hoping to see the Skyrim: Special Edition section fill up with mods for your enjoyment, and we'll be around all weekend keeping an eye on developments.

We've been working on Skyrim: Special Edition support for Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) - and we should be ready to release it shortly after the game launches once we have tested everything on the release version of the game.

Glad to see the new page up and running. You also answered my question regarding an update for NMM to handle the SE. Nice work guys, just in time.

Will NMM's version change or will it stay as 0.63.1 and just add support? I ask because I'm sure there are those users out there that use MO over NMM and don't have NMM installed yet, waiting for the version update that supports SSE. Or users like me who have NMM installed but do not use it (and it's WAY out of date) because MO is life until the new NMM is out lol. Edited by gtneonatlas

In response to post #43576210.

MistahGrizzly wrote: so is there any changes with this special edition ?

Stability of 64-bit is the biggest change. But also, as pointed out by Brodual on one of their recent videos, the new engine has a native physics engine built in (as seen in FO4) so that's something to get excited about once the HDT team gets a hand on the game lol. There are many other factors at play here (I may not know them that well), I'm positive of that.

In response to post #43574445. #43576065 is also a reply to the same post.

SirSalami wrote: 7018713-1476893637.png

There won't be many people who frequent the Nexus that won't have heard of a certain big release happening this Friday the 28th October. Skyrim: Special Edition will finally be released and after our recent discussion with the community, we have set up Skyrim: Special Edition as a new game on Nexus Mods. We're now ready to accept the myriad of mods already being created by people who were lucky enough to get access to the beta test. The new url is http://nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition.

http://s3.postimg.org/ko7mfdmur/sse_duplication_screen.gif

If you do not currently have access to Skyrim Special Edition, please do not publish your mods until you can make 100% sure that they are working within the game. Some users will want to download mods now, despite the fact they cannot play them yet, so that they're ready for the game's release on Friday. If you are releasing your mods without first ensuring they work for Skyrim SE then that's just not fair on them. So please be patient and wait to test your mods thoroughly before publishing. Any mods that are duplicated over to the new site will be unpublished by default, please check the page is correct and everything is in order before ‘publishing' and making it live.

We're hoping to see the Skyrim: Special Edition section fill up with mods for your enjoyment, and we'll be around all weekend keeping an eye on developments.

We've been working on Skyrim: Special Edition support for Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) - and we should be ready to release it shortly after the game launches once we have tested everything on the release version of the game.
DirtyWeaselMedia wrote: Glad to see the new page up and running. You also answered my question regarding an update for NMM to handle the SE. Nice work guys, just in time.

This was a pleseant surprise today as well as getting the pre-load started. Thank you Nexus team well done.

I have allot of questions, but I think my overwhelming concern is SKSE, which I see is being worked on and if they resolved the Papyrus issues and the corruption of the auto saved files and saved files, that has been the biggest annoyance with the classic Skyrim. That and well the stability after it is heavily modded. I was also wondering will all the DLC's be included in one Skyrim.esm. Like many who have already played thru several run-thru's of the game. Will the mods that are not reliant on SKSE automatically compatible? or since this is a 64 bit engine will we need to wait for a conversion. To many questions right now. My biggest concern is stability, which the classic Skyrim was not known for.