⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim Special Edition site launch

SirSalami

Glad I got it for free!!!!!

Special Edition looks like CRAP!!!!!

Bethesda needs to employee Chesko, Boris and all the other modders who have made the game so beautiful and better..............

First trees look 10xs smaller, fog or haze everywhere even when looking into the distance there is a haze so you can't really see the mountains. Over saturated with Orange and did i say haze. Looks crisp and clean in immediate area sometimes but distance wise it is a hazy feeling, Did I mention the haze??????? Oh during the day it is a bluish haze in the distance........did I mention haze?????????????????????????????????

I come out of the Helgen cave expecting to see a vast Forest and a Forestry feeling and I'm like where are all the trees???????????????? Did they actually shrink them????? Oh you added the crappy vanilla foliage everywhere??? Even in WhiteRun........walking up the steps and seeing the Orange or Reddish fern crap on both sides. No grass just the same crappy orange, reddish, brown stuff they call grass.

And some strange light around the candles.

What about the water??????? Crap absolute Crap............Wish there was Purity. At least with RealLike ENB and Purity and LE my water looks Crystal Clear.............

and what is with the specs in the snow......it makes it so unimmersive........

No wonder we PCers get the game for free from Steam.......This is just the first 20 minutes or so of the game and was already ready for an ENB........

The only saving grace and I applaud Bethesda for is the 64-bit.

Even Enderal looks better than SE

I am running

AMD A10 7870 4.29ghz processor

Geforce GTX 1060 6gs gpu

8 gigs ram

4K tv for Monitor

Edited by DrLkrD

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43641935.

Thelugz wrote: It's really a shame people don't 'Get' it this is exactly what we've been waiting for it's a huge stability and capability upgrade for modding this rebuild means if you mod more fps more mods for the same system AND it will be twice as stable even if you don't mod that's less chance your 600 hour save self destructs. the only downside is a lot of mods will have to be ported to it if they aren't simple texture / model replacers or config adjustments.

Dont expect magic bullet.Still 255 plugin limit,still same sloppy papyrus,same bugs(at least Unnoficial patch arises).So urs save may explode in same way as for 32 bit.We shall see when mods convert to sse when skse 64 bit arises

In response to post #43631580. #43638350 is also a reply to the same post.

Syq111 wrote: Its just me guys that i am such ignorant or that greatly advertised graphical improvement is the god rays some blur and 40 watts more energy consumed??
LightOff wrote: Indeed, it's just you. Skyrim SE has the potential of growing even bigger than Skyrim ever has

I hope u are right but i am rather skeptical about that.If papyrus is still like in 32 bit version well alot script mods will overwhelm papyrusXD

In response to post #43643405.

OMGOMG93 wrote:

One question - does mods from old Skyrim (2011) will go on new Skyrim (2016)?

skse dependent no, non skse dependent yes after conversion or there is some guide how to install it

In response to post #43641935. #43643780 is also a reply to the same post.

Thelugz wrote: It's really a shame people don't 'Get' it this is exactly what we've been waiting for it's a huge stability and capability upgrade for modding this rebuild means if you mod more fps more mods for the same system AND it will be twice as stable even if you don't mod that's less chance your 600 hour save self destructs. the only downside is a lot of mods will have to be ported to it if they aren't simple texture / model replacers or config adjustments.
Syq111 wrote: Dont expect magic bullet.Still 255 plugin limit,still same sloppy papyrus,same bugs(at least Unnoficial patch arises).So urs save may explode in same way as for 32 bit.We shall see when mods convert to sse when skse 64 bit arises

I'm not saying it's going to magically transform the game into some eutopian perfection, i said it would be more stable and more capable and that's just fact.. but yes expectations should be tempered with a pinch of salt it all depends how the modding community supports it but i can tell you i already have 30+ mods transferred and sofar i've seen one fail ( it was an 4k texture mod for a sword ) and so far i have seen no crashes or glitching out, just the sword texture did not apply properly ( it was shiny grey/pink )

this one to be exact > http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/430/?

In general gameplay sofar i've noticed the ui is far smoother and more responsive and the game does not hitch or stutter anywhere, also the loading into doors and areas has a new greying out effect like a scene fade where the game saves, and i've found that most texture and object replacers seem to work, i suspect large complicated content and quest mods will have more issues but for me, sofar this is a massive thumbs up i can't wait for more mods to be officially ported over.

OMGOMG93 wrote:

skse dependent no, non skse dependent yes after conversion or there is some guide how to install it

but if SKSE will be remade on SSE? They will do?

Edited by OMGOMG93

In response to post #43644665.

OMGOMG93 wrote:

OMGOMG93 wrote:

but if SKSE will be remade on SSE? They will do?

after conversion to SSE?? yes.But if i understand right what Gopher said skse remake will take about weeks if not months Edited by Syq111

In response to post #43641935. #43643780, #43644495 are all replies on the same post.

Syq111 wrote: Dont expect magic bullet.Still 255 plugin limit,still same sloppy papyrus,same bugs(at least Unnoficial patch arises).So urs save may explode in same way as for 32 bit.We shall see when mods convert to sse when skse 64 bit arises
Thelugz wrote: I'm not saying it's going to magically transform the game into some eutopian perfection, i said it would be more stable and more capable and that's just fact.. but yes expectations should be tempered with a pinch of salt it all depends how the modding community supports it but i can tell you i already have 30+ mods transferred and sofar i've seen one fail ( it was an 4k texture mod for a sword ) and so far i have seen no crashes or glitching out, just the sword texture did not apply properly ( it was shiny grey/pink )

this one to be exact > http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/430/?

In general gameplay sofar i've noticed the ui is far smoother and more responsive and the game does not hitch or stutter anywhere, also the loading into doors and areas has a new greying out effect like a scene fade where the game saves, and i've found that most texture and object replacers seem to work, i suspect large complicated content and quest mods will have more issues but for me, sofar this is a massive thumbs up i can't wait for more mods to be officially ported over.

Anyways i dont like that blur or whatever it is making whole texture looks so blurry.Probably used to cover their lazyness.For moment i thought my monitor starts to failing wich i would be very very unhappy about

In response to post #43639900. #43640060, #43640195 are all replies on the same post.

MistahGrizzly wrote: the special edition is a beast !!!!! now my question is did someone try to use armor and weapons mods from the original game ?
gordon761 wrote: I did, also CBBE. So far they all work.
MistahGrizzly wrote: thanks for the answer now is time to get in my favor armors and weapons !!!

mods from original skyrim doesnt work with special edition !!!