Skyrim Special Edition Nexus Mod Manager support

SirSalami

In response to post #43640130. #43641340, #43641405 are all replies on the same post.

Viomi wrote: Anyone know if the developer of Mod Organizer is working on a port to 64bit?
jagdhundnull wrote: There is a beta version called Mod Organizer 2 which was designed to handle 64bit. It was intended for Fallout 4 so I don't know if it'd work for Skyrim SE or not.

That said, you're probably better off using NMM for now. There probably will be no further work on Mod Organizer 2 as the person behind it has actually joined the Nexus to design a newer, better NMM. It might be a while before that comes out though.

This is the announcement.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12905/?
jagdhundnull wrote: Just to highlight the part you would care most about, the quote from MO's author:

"Obviously I won't be working on MO any more which unfortunately means that, unless someone else picks up where I left, MO v2 won't appear in a stable version. I know that will appear as a loss now and I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to a new release.

I do hope however that you trust me, and everyone else at Nexus Mods, to understand what you liked about MO.

I'm confident that with what we're planning you won't be missing MO for long."

MO2 worked fine for Fallout 4, and to this point, it seems to work with SSE.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43663380.

ThyHarrowing wrote: ***************************************************************
Just something I'd like to share for new and returning Nexus users regarding SSE and its future:

We, the community, need to be very patient and respectful as modders navigate this exciting but turbulent time brought on by SSE. There are many hurtles that modders will need to jump, some more than others, to bring their original Skyrim content to SSE, as well as some things many of them need to wait for (e.g. SKSE to be rewritten for SSE, etc). We need to be respectful and appreciative of their efforts and time, not only because of what they do for us, but also because if we are not then some of them, understandably so, may leave the SSE modding scene (as some of them left the original Skyrim scene). If that begins to happen then there is, in my opinion, no chance that SSE will surpass original Skyrim (even despite 64-bit, Dx11, etc).

Spread that message/sentiment far and wide around the community because it is a very real possibility that SSE could splinter this community more than it will breathe new life into it; the deciding factor is, in my opinion, ultimately how we, the community, treat the modders that have gone to such lengths to make Skyrim what is today!

THANK YOU to all modders, you guys and gals are amazing people!

ALSO, huuuuuge thanks to the entire Nexus Mods and Mod Manager team for everything they do. This community and game certainly wouldn't be what it is without you guys too!

+1 on that from me. But I don't see splintering, in my view the rush of modding today shows a community enthusiastic about the changes to Skyrim. Nonetheless, you are correct: respect, enthusiasm and patience are important as we move forward. Well said.

In response to post #43663380. #43664890 is also a reply to the same post.

ThyHarrowing wrote: ***************************************************************
Just something I'd like to share for new and returning Nexus users regarding SSE and its future:

We, the community, need to be very patient and respectful as modders navigate this exciting but turbulent time brought on by SSE. There are many hurtles that modders will need to jump, some more than others, to bring their original Skyrim content to SSE, as well as some things many of them need to wait for (e.g. SKSE to be rewritten for SSE, etc). We need to be respectful and appreciative of their efforts and time, not only because of what they do for us, but also because if we are not then some of them, understandably so, may leave the SSE modding scene (as some of them left the original Skyrim scene). If that begins to happen then there is, in my opinion, no chance that SSE will surpass original Skyrim (even despite 64-bit, Dx11, etc).

Spread that message/sentiment far and wide around the community because it is a very real possibility that SSE could splinter this community more than it will breathe new life into it; the deciding factor is, in my opinion, ultimately how we, the community, treat the modders that have gone to such lengths to make Skyrim what is today!

ALSO, huuuuuge thanks to the entire Nexus Mods and Mod Manager team for everything they do. This community and game certainly wouldn't be what it is without you guys too!
BlueGunk wrote: +1 on that from me. But I don't see splintering, in my view the rush of modding today shows a community enthusiastic about the changes to Skyrim. Nonetheless, you are correct: respect, enthusiasm and patience are important as we move forward. Well said.

You said it. The vast pool of unbridled talent that is the modding community is easily the single biggest contributing factor to why Skyrim, at its five year anniversary, is still going strong. That is virtually unprecedented for a video game these days. Collectively, they have taken a good game and made it phenomenal. And they've done it in their spare time, for free. Our patience, understanding, and support is the very LEAST they deserve.

In response to post #43663380. #43664890, #43666090 are all replies on the same post.

BlueGunk wrote: +1 on that from me. But I don't see splintering, in my view the rush of modding today shows a community enthusiastic about the changes to Skyrim. Nonetheless, you are correct: respect, enthusiasm and patience are important as we move forward. Well said.
EnDSchultz wrote: You said it. The vast pool of unbridled talent that is the modding community is easily the single biggest contributing factor to why Skyrim, at its five year anniversary, is still going strong. That is virtually unprecedented for a video game these days. Collectively, they have taken a good game and made it phenomenal. And they've done it in their spare time, for free. Our patience, understanding, and support is the very LEAST they deserve.

@BlueGunk

I hope you are right! I did notice the huge rush of modding today and it is encouraging, but I also saw plenty of prick-ish comments on plenty of modders' pages which makes me both angry and concerned.

I hope the authentic community will outshine the scum and that SSE will revitalize it!

@EnDSchultz

100% agree!!!

Nexus Mod Manager is clunky feeling compared to Mod Organizer. I hope Tannin can somehow get NMM to feel has nice as Mod Organizer was.

I did find a way to keep using MO with SSE by changing the name of the SSE executables to match the names of the original executables. You have to use the beta version of MO 2 for its support of 64 bit.

In response to post #43673110.

PinkFloyd101469 wrote: I have the game ready to install from Steam. My question is will it be installed in another folder or will it be installed over my game i have now. Thank you

Whole new folder altogether, its basically like a whole new game as far as Steam and your PC are concerned