Skyrim Special Edition Nexus Mod Manager support

SirSalami

In response to post #43673110. #43673260 is also a reply to the same post.

PinkFloyd101469 wrote: I have the game ready to install from Steam. My question is will it be installed in another folder or will it be installed over my game i have now. Thank you
kingchris20 wrote: Whole new folder altogether, its basically like a whole new game as far as Steam and your PC are concerned

Ok thats great! Thank you

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I was wondering if somebody could help me?

I've downloaded the new nexus, and I downloaded the USSEP (Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch) just fine, but whenever I try to download any other mod the same way, it doesn't work. it say's server unreachable.. What does that mean??

In response to post #43663380. #43664890, #43666090, #43666755 are all replies on the same post.

ThyHarrowing wrote: ***************************************************************
Just something I'd like to share for new and returning Nexus users regarding SSE and its future:

We, the community, need to be very patient and respectful as modders navigate this exciting but turbulent time brought on by SSE. There are many hurtles that modders will need to jump, some more than others, to bring their original Skyrim content to SSE, as well as some things many of them need to wait for (e.g. SKSE to be rewritten for SSE, etc). We need to be respectful and appreciative of their efforts and time, not only because of what they do for us, but also because if we are not then some of them, understandably so, may leave the SSE modding scene (as some of them left the original Skyrim scene). If that begins to happen then there is, in my opinion, no chance that SSE will surpass original Skyrim (even despite 64-bit, Dx11, etc).

Spread that message/sentiment far and wide around the community because it is a very real possibility that SSE could splinter this community more than it will breathe new life into it; the deciding factor is, in my opinion, ultimately how we, the community, treat the modders that have gone to such lengths to make Skyrim what is today!

THANK YOU to all modders, you guys and gals are amazing people!

ALSO, huuuuuge thanks to the entire Nexus Mods and Mod Manager team for everything they do. This community and game certainly wouldn't be what it is without you guys too!
BlueGunk wrote: +1 on that from me. But I don't see splintering, in my view the rush of modding today shows a community enthusiastic about the changes to Skyrim. Nonetheless, you are correct: respect, enthusiasm and patience are important as we move forward. Well said.
EnDSchultz wrote: You said it. The vast pool of unbridled talent that is the modding community is easily the single biggest contributing factor to why Skyrim, at its five year anniversary, is still going strong. That is virtually unprecedented for a video game these days. Collectively, they have taken a good game and made it phenomenal. And they've done it in their spare time, for free. Our patience, understanding, and support is the very LEAST they deserve.
ThyHarrowing wrote: @BlueGunk

I hope you are right! I did notice the huge rush of modding today and it is encouraging, but I also saw plenty of prick-ish comments on plenty of modders' pages which makes me both angry and concerned.

I hope the authentic community will outshine the scum and that SSE will revitalize it!

@EnDSchultz

100% agree!!!

This is the fourth day since SSE was released. There are 495 mods already as of this writing. That's an average of 123 mods/day, or more than 5 mods every hour. One every twenty minutes.

I wonder what this community could achieve if they were doing this full-time. It simply boggles the mind. I haven't got SSE as yet, not until SKSE launches, but tip my hat to the guys and gals in this community. They're simply amazing.

I am very pleased how fast you got NMM working for Skyrim Special Edition and delighted at how quickly MODs are showing up on the Nexus for it. I mean playing Skyrim without my favorite MODs seems so unnautural.

In response to post #43636555. #43636665, #43636800, #43637090, #43637310, #43637555, #43637690, #43641050 are all replies on the same post.

Invocation wrote: Quick question, is LOOT working for anyone else? It doesn't seem to have been updated for Skyrim SE yet. At least, when I tried it, it couldn't detect it.
BlueGunk wrote: Worked from NMM straight away for me...
cybexgames wrote: LOOT seems to be loading the original Skyrim load order, as I know that the SE edition of Update.esm, Dawnguard.esm, Hearthfires.esm an Dragonborn.esm need to be cleaned.
BlueGunk wrote: D'Oh - it DOESN'T work out of the box - it's looking at the vanilla old game and not seeing the mods in the NMM. Like my problem with Wry Bash below. Let me look at this more.

Tannin - how do we get LOOT to work in NMM, please? The profiles / mods / utilities aren't linking up for me?
cybexgames wrote: I think that LOOT is going to need an upgrade to see Skyrim SE, I do not think that this is a NMM issue.

EDIT: Just looked at http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/117-v-skyrim/ and it appears that preliminary support for Skyrim SE, but it has not yet been fully tested.
BlueGunk wrote: I believe there is a new version around by Wrinkly Ninja. I downloaded it from here:
https://bintray.com/wrinklyninja/loot/LOOT/0.9.2-136-g480f386_skyrim-se-support.

So far it seems to work though I can see more work is needed.
cybexgames wrote: I to have downloaded, but a couple of users have report that their plugins are not being listed as active, and I do not think that there is a masterlist as yet.
BlueGunk wrote: Yes - LOOT functions and sorts, but it does not change NMM so you have to organise NMM manually for now. Still - work is ongoing and it's amazing the speed of it!

How do you install it? I can't find a direct install button and I'm not good with 7Zip. Any tips?

In response to post #43663380. #43664890, #43666090, #43666755, #43678040 are all replies on the same post.

ThyHarrowing wrote: ***************************************************************
Just something I'd like to share for new and returning Nexus users regarding SSE and its future:

We, the community, need to be very patient and respectful as modders navigate this exciting but turbulent time brought on by SSE. There are many hurtles that modders will need to jump, some more than others, to bring their original Skyrim content to SSE, as well as some things many of them need to wait for (e.g. SKSE to be rewritten for SSE, etc). We need to be respectful and appreciative of their efforts and time, not only because of what they do for us, but also because if we are not then some of them, understandably so, may leave the SSE modding scene (as some of them left the original Skyrim scene). If that begins to happen then there is, in my opinion, no chance that SSE will surpass original Skyrim (even despite 64-bit, Dx11, etc).

Spread that message/sentiment far and wide around the community because it is a very real possibility that SSE could splinter this community more than it will breathe new life into it; the deciding factor is, in my opinion, ultimately how we, the community, treat the modders that have gone to such lengths to make Skyrim what is today!

ALSO, huuuuuge thanks to the entire Nexus Mods and Mod Manager team for everything they do. This community and game certainly wouldn't be what it is without you guys too!
BlueGunk wrote: +1 on that from me. But I don't see splintering, in my view the rush of modding today shows a community enthusiastic about the changes to Skyrim. Nonetheless, you are correct: respect, enthusiasm and patience are important as we move forward. Well said.
EnDSchultz wrote: You said it. The vast pool of unbridled talent that is the modding community is easily the single biggest contributing factor to why Skyrim, at its five year anniversary, is still going strong. That is virtually unprecedented for a video game these days. Collectively, they have taken a good game and made it phenomenal. And they've done it in their spare time, for free. Our patience, understanding, and support is the very LEAST they deserve.

I hope you are right! I did notice the huge rush of modding today and it is encouraging, but I also saw plenty of prick-ish comments on plenty of modders' pages which makes me both angry and concerned.

I hope the authentic community will outshine the scum and that SSE will revitalize it!

@EnDSchultz

100% agree!!!
Pauduan wrote: This is the fourth day since SSE was released. There are 495 mods already as of this writing. That's an average of 123 mods/day, or more than 5 mods every hour. One every twenty minutes.

I wonder what this community could achieve if they were doing this full-time. It simply boggles the mind. I haven't got SSE as yet, not until SKSE launches, but tip my hat to the guys and gals in this community. They're simply amazing.

+

In response to post #43663380. #43664890, #43666090, #43666755, #43678040, #43686220 are all replies on the same post.

@EnDSchultz

100% agree!!!
Pauduan wrote: This is the fourth day since SSE was released. There are 495 mods already as of this writing. That's an average of 123 mods/day, or more than 5 mods every hour. One every twenty minutes.

kontaq wrote: +

Hear hear. The mod community is amazing and I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.