Staff Picks - 15 Feb 2017

TheTokenGeek

With Valentine's day only yesterday, we have all decided to give you something that we love.

SirSalami loves a good hug every now and again, I have a love of Cola (which I really need to try and break off at some point), Terrorfox1234 has found a mod to appease his love of music production and JimmyRJump / HeavyEavy just love the additional playtime that Fusion City Rising has given them. Okay, they are tenuous links at best, but you're not here to read this part of the staff picks, so crack on below and see if there is anything that takes your fancy.

We love to hear your selections, so if you have a mod you would like to submit to the community (not your own), please check out this new and handy form.

Please fill out the form completely and ensure that you add some details about the mod and why you have chosen it (similar to how we have below). Just remember that other mods on the site may do roughly the same thing, so keep your eyes peeled and understand that these are just our personal picks. That said, hopefully, you'll find something you may not have seen before. Who knows, maybe we'll even learn a little about each other along the way.

SirSalami

width=600,height=353https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/51657-1-1396188888.jpg[/img]

Mod: Free Hug Mod - A mod for love

Game: Skyrim

Author: T3nd0

Though it might be over, in honor of Valentine's day it seems a good time to bring back an old favorite. After all, there's never a bad time for a hug. Whether it's a platonic pat or romantic embrace, T3nd0's Free Hug Mod has got you covered.

With this little mod, a new dialogue option will be available allowing you to hug it out with anyone. With each squeeze, your character can receive a bit of a buff, an increase to your relationship status with your partner, and an increase to your speechcraft skill. Why? Because a good hug is worth a thousand words. You might even find that a well-intentioned embrace can defuse an otherwise tense situation. In fact, I've heard that the best way to an angry Forsworn's heart, is an ol' fashioned hug.

The best part? As the title implies, T3nd0 has ensured that these hugs are indeed 100% free! You can't argue with a deal like that! So get out there and get huggin'. Maybe even give Nazeem some love. He seems like he needs it.

TerrorFox1234

width=600,height=353https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/21980-2-1486855005.png[/img]

Mod: Workshop Musician

Game: Fallout 4

Author: GroveMods

This mod is a sound replacer that adds looping music samples and beats to the powered speaker. Using multiple powered speakers one can use these loops to create their own music in the Commonwealth!

The mod is pretty simple right now, with only 18 new loops available, however, I think the concept is great. I'd love to see this expanded upon in the future, which is something the author has said they would like to do, pending enough interest in the mod.

While it may be simple, I still got sucked into playing around with different loops and timing. Using the delayed starters and delayed repeaters you can come up with some pretty creative stuff. I greatly look forward to seeing more loops adds and perhaps, someday, some more control over how those samples are used and mixed.

BlindJudge

width=600,height=353https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/21884-9-1486505255.jpg[/img]

Mod: Working Vending Machines

Author: borjoyzee

I've often wondered, why on earth I feel so compelled to collect all the pre-war money that I find blowing around the wasteland. I check every cash register, look in every drawer, open every possible hiding place and despite knowing that it's totally worthless STILL grab the money.

So when I saw that borjoyzee had created a working vending machine where I CAN spend all my pre-war money, I just had to download it and give it a whirl. After the mod has been installed you are able to place working vending machines in any of your settlements. Yes, they do cost more than the simple decorative machines but come on, they do keep your nuka-cola nice and cold. As these are working machines they do need a fusion core to make sure they keep running so check you have a few of these spare. The cigarette machine however, is totally fusion core free.

One of the nice things with the addition of one of these vending machines in your settlement is the boost in happiness, a nice little touch from the mod author. I just need to make sure my addiction to these sugary, carbonated drinks doesn't spill into the Fallout world else my pre-war money is going to dwindle pretty quickly.

(Guest submission)JimmyRJump & HeavyEavy

width=600,height=353https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/16423-5-1468453077.jpg[/img]

Mod: Fusion City Rising - Quest Mod Plus

Author: Recluse and Thggysmurf

This week, we had two independent submissions from JimmyRJump and HeavyEavy suggesting the same mod, Fusion City Rising by Recluse and Thggysmurf.

As JimmyRJump describes it:

Fusion City: an underground community larger than Diamond City with a mall, subway system, fight arena, hotel, university, player home, clinic, barber, laundromat, bath house, bank, grocery store, church, bars, restaurants, art gallery, residential district, shooting range, every type of vendor, and more.

Provides hours of new content: New quests, new locations, new enemy factions, and new companions. The time to complete the main story line and all side quests will typically range between 10 and 20 hours depending on how much exploration you choose and how many terminals you read.

HeavyEavy said:

This mod is DLC level in size and content. Companions are fully voiced and fun to game with. They have some Great banter and chat. One is romance-able and She's pretty funny to have around. The quests are fun and intriguing and there is a ton of backstory and details. Very well thought out and implemented. I give it a 9 out of 10!

Every week, we feature a few mods that have caught our staff's attention, as well as some that were submitted by you, the Nexus Mods community. If there is a mod you'd like to see on this list, then please check out this quick and handy form.

If you haven't already, feel free to follow us on our social media channels where we'll keep you up to date with the latest site news, articles and much more.

twitterbutton.jpg facebookbutton.jpg

Thanks, and have fun modding!

In response to post #47594940.

BlindJudge wrote: With Valentine's day only yesterday, we have all decided to give you something that we love.

SirSalami loves a good hug every now and again, I have a love of Cola (which I really need to try and break off at some point), Terrorfox1234 has found a mod to appease his love of music production and JimmyRJump / HeavyEavy just love the additional playtime that Fusion City Rising has given them. Okay, they are tenuous links at best, but you're not here to read this part of the staff picks, so crack on below and see if there is anything that takes your fancy.

We love to hear your selections, so if you have a mod you would like to submit to the community (not your own), please check out this new and handy form.

Please fill out the form completely and ensure that you add some details about the mod and why you have chosen it (similar to how we have below). Just remember that other mods on the site may do roughly the same thing, so keep your eyes peeled and understand that these are just our personal picks. That said, hopefully, you'll find something you may not have seen before. Who knows, maybe we'll even learn a little about each other along the way.

SirSalami
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/51657-1-1396188888.jpg

Though it might be over, in honor of Valentine's day it seems a good time to bring back an old favorite. After all, there's never a bad time for a hug. Whether it's a platonic pat or romantic embrace, T3nd0's Free Hug Mod has got you covered.

With this little mod, a new dialogue option will be available allowing you to hug it out with anyone. With each squeeze, your character can receive a bit of a buff, an increase to your relationship status with your partner, and an increase to your speechcraft skill. Why? Because a good hug is worth a thousand words. You might even find that a well-intentioned embrace can defuse an otherwise tense situation. In fact, I've heard that the best way to an angry Forsworn's heart, is an ol' fashioned hug.

The best part? As the title implies, T3nd0 has ensured that these hugs are indeed 100% free! You can't argue with a deal like that! So get out there and get huggin'. Maybe even give Nazeem some love. He seems like he needs it.

TerrorFox1234
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/21980-2-1486855005.png

This mod is a sound replacer that adds looping music samples and beats to the powered speaker. Using multiple powered speakers one can use these loops to create their own music in the Commonwealth!

The mod is pretty simple right now, with only 18 new loops available, however, I think the concept is great. I'd love to see this expanded upon in the future, which is something the author has said they would like to do, pending enough interest in the mod.

While it may be simple, I still got sucked into playing around with different loops and timing. Using the delayed starters and delayed repeaters you can come up with some pretty creative stuff. I greatly look forward to seeing more loops adds and perhaps, someday, some more control over how those samples are used and mixed.

BlindJudge
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/21884-9-1486505255.jpg

I've often wondered, why on earth I feel so compelled to collect all the pre-war money that I find blowing around the wasteland. I check every cash register, look in every drawer, open every possible hiding place and despite knowing that it's totally worthless STILL grab the money.

So when I saw that borjoyzee had created a working vending machine where I CAN spend all my pre-war money, I just had to download it and give it a whirl. After the mod has been installed you are able to place working vending machines in any of your settlements. Yes, they do cost more than the simple decorative machines but come on, they do keep your nuka-cola nice and cold. As these are working machines they do need a fusion core to make sure they keep running so check you have a few of these spare. The cigarette machine however, is totally fusion core free.

One of the nice things with the addition of one of these vending machines in your settlement is the boost in happiness, a nice little touch from the mod author. I just need to make sure my addiction to these sugary, carbonated drinks doesn't spill into the Fallout world else my pre-war money is going to dwindle pretty quickly.

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/16423-5-1468453077.jpg

This week, we had two independent submissions from JimmyRJump and HeavyEavy suggesting the same mod, Fusion City Rising by Recluse and Thggysmurf.

Fusion City: an underground community larger than Diamond City with a mall, subway system, fight arena, hotel, university, player home, clinic, barber, laundromat, bath house, bank, grocery store, church, bars, restaurants, art gallery, residential district, shooting range, every type of vendor, and more.

Provides hours of new content: New quests, new locations, new enemy factions, and new companions. The time to complete the main story line and all side quests will typically range between 10 and 20 hours depending on how much exploration you choose and how many terminals you read.

HeavyEavy said:
This mod is DLC level in size and content. Companions are fully voiced and fun to game with. They have some Great banter and chat. One is romance-able and She's pretty funny to have around. The quests are fun and intriguing and there is a ton of backstory and details. Very well thought out and implemented. I give it a 9 out of 10!

Every week, we feature a few mods that have caught our staff's attention, as well as some that were submitted by you, the Nexus Mods community. If there is a mod you'd like to see on this list, then please check out this quick and handy form.

If you haven't already, feel free to follow us on our social media channels where we'll keep you up to date with the latest site news, articles and much more.

twitterbutton.jpg facebookbutton.jpg

Hey, thanks for including our mod Fusion City Rising, and thanks to JimmyRJump and HeavyEavy for submitting it!

We're honored.

- Recluse

Thanks guys for including my Fusion City Rising proposal :thumbsup:

This mod is what an Official DLC should look like, with a story that makes sense in an inspiring environment with enough enemies to invade -and win against- a Large Eastern Nation...

For those who haven't heard of FCR yet, go check it out ;)

In response to post #47594940. #47608545 is also a reply to the same post.

BlindJudge wrote: With Valentine's day only yesterday, we have all decided to give you something that we love.

We love to hear your selections, so if you have a mod you would like to submit to the community (not your own), please check out this new and handy form.

SirSalami
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/51657-1-1396188888.jpg

Though it might be over, in honor of Valentine's day it seems a good time to bring back an old favorite. After all, there's never a bad time for a hug. Whether it's a platonic pat or romantic embrace, T3nd0's Free Hug Mod has got you covered.

With this little mod, a new dialogue option will be available allowing you to hug it out with anyone. With each squeeze, your character can receive a bit of a buff, an increase to your relationship status with your partner, and an increase to your speechcraft skill. Why? Because a good hug is worth a thousand words. You might even find that a well-intentioned embrace can defuse an otherwise tense situation. In fact, I've heard that the best way to an angry Forsworn's heart, is an ol' fashioned hug.

TerrorFox1234
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/21980-2-1486855005.png

BlindJudge
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/21884-9-1486505255.jpg

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/1151/images/16423-5-1468453077.jpg

HeavyEavy said:

twitterbutton.jpg facebookbutton.jpg

rbddc12 wrote: Hey, thanks for including our mod Fusion City Rising, and thanks to JimmyRJump and HeavyEavy for submitting it!

We're honored.

- Recluse

That hug mod looks like fun.

That write up on the hug mod is just priceless! I'm just gonna have to check it out now. 8)

EDIT: sorry, somehow I must have clicked on the wrong reply link. sure hope there's a way u guys can reposition my post. :sweat:

Edited by ltherin

I've always been interested in FCR but the CBBE requirement and the fact that it really looks like it at least started out as an eyecandy for drooling fanboys always turns me off. I'm always into more story content but I worry about a lot with mods. Honestly my standards for quest mods or any mod that adds voiced NPCs are really high (and I know that, it's not the modders' fault, they did great, I'm just a picky old bat!) Most of the VOs in FCR seem awesome from the videos I've watched except for the female companion who while not near professional quality is still somewhat better than some of Bethesda's own official voices in the past!

In the end I know I won't download it unless it adds a vanilla body option but I'm glad to see such a huge mod featured here...even if it did start as - or still include - pure eyecandy and slootiness.

In response to post #47641810.

NeshiraNamea wrote: I've always been interested in FCR but the CBBE requirement and the fact that it really looks like it at least started out as an eyecandy for drooling fanboys always turns me off. I'm always into more story content but I worry about a lot with mods. Honestly my standards for quest mods or any mod that adds voiced NPCs are really high (and I know that, it's not the modders' fault, they did great, I'm just a picky old bat!) Most of the VOs in FCR seem awesome from the videos I've watched except for the female companion who while not near professional quality is still somewhat better than some of Bethesda's own official voices in the past!

In the end I know I won't download it unless it adds a vanilla body option but I'm glad to see such a huge mod featured here...even if it did start as - or still include - pure eyecandy and slootiness.

I haven't tried FCR but from reading through the description it doesn't really require CBBE. Even thought it may not look like it, CBBE actually started as a mod that would make it possible to have more shapely clothes, not skimpy just better fitting. And CBBE together with Bodyslide is what you make of it, just build a body that you think is realistic and batch build all the clothes, no slootiness required.