Staff Picks - 15 Feb 2017

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #47641810. #47655125 is also a reply to the same post.

NeshiraNamea wrote: I've always been interested in FCR but the CBBE requirement and the fact that it really looks like it at least started out as an eyecandy for drooling fanboys always turns me off. I'm always into more story content but I worry about a lot with mods. Honestly my standards for quest mods or any mod that adds voiced NPCs are really high (and I know that, it's not the modders' fault, they did great, I'm just a picky old bat!) Most of the VOs in FCR seem awesome from the videos I've watched except for the female companion who while not near professional quality is still somewhat better than some of Bethesda's own official voices in the past!

In the end I know I won't download it unless it adds a vanilla body option but I'm glad to see such a huge mod featured here...even if it did start as - or still include - pure eyecandy and slootiness.
krepperk wrote: I haven't tried FCR but from reading through the description it doesn't really require CBBE. Even thought it may not look like it, CBBE actually started as a mod that would make it possible to have more shapely clothes, not skimpy just better fitting. And CBBE together with Bodyslide is what you make of it, just build a body that you think is realistic and batch build all the clothes, no slootiness required.

It doesn't require it but textures look messed up without it. I know CBBE isn't inherently slooty (despite it usually being used that way) but I prefer vanilla bodies in FO4 and I wouldn't want to look at all the messed up textures.

In response to post #47641810. #47655125, #47662765 are all replies on the same post.

NeshiraNamea wrote: I've always been interested in FCR but the CBBE requirement and the fact that it really looks like it at least started out as an eyecandy for drooling fanboys always turns me off. I'm always into more story content but I worry about a lot with mods. Honestly my standards for quest mods or any mod that adds voiced NPCs are really high (and I know that, it's not the modders' fault, they did great, I'm just a picky old bat!) Most of the VOs in FCR seem awesome from the videos I've watched except for the female companion who while not near professional quality is still somewhat better than some of Bethesda's own official voices in the past!

In the end I know I won't download it unless it adds a vanilla body option but I'm glad to see such a huge mod featured here...even if it did start as - or still include - pure eyecandy and slootiness.
krepperk wrote: I haven't tried FCR but from reading through the description it doesn't really require CBBE. Even thought it may not look like it, CBBE actually started as a mod that would make it possible to have more shapely clothes, not skimpy just better fitting. And CBBE together with Bodyslide is what you make of it, just build a body that you think is realistic and batch build all the clothes, no slootiness required.
NeshiraNamea wrote: It doesn't require it but textures look messed up without it. I know CBBE isn't inherently slooty (despite it usually being used that way) but I prefer vanilla bodies in FO4 and I wouldn't want to look at all the messed up textures.

CBBE has a vanilla shape option that only adds textures. If you're worried about the nudity it also has a nevernude option.

In response to post #47724825. #47781215 is also a reply to the same post.

Smannesman wrote: Ah FCR, the mod that banned me for politely stating why I didn't like it.
Good times.
morbidslinky wrote: Cool

There's a sticky post explaining the rules about comment spamming. Out of 129k downloads we've only had to block 2 people, which is a testament to how awesome the Nexus community is. This particular user was initially not pleased that his bug report (which was already covered in the mod documentation troubleshooting section) was moved to the bugs section. Edited by Thuggysmurf

Smannesman wrote: Ah FCR, the mod that banned me for politely stating why I didn't like it.

Good times.

There's a sticky post explaining the rules about comment spamming. Out of 129k downloads we've only had to block 2 people, which is a testament to how awesome the Nexus community is. This particular user was initially not pleased that his bug report (which was already covered in the mod documentation troubleshooting section) was moved to the bugs section.

I'm sorry, but you're just misrepresenting the situation.

I made an entire reasonably well written post about the mod and at the end I asked one single question about an issue I had which I was curious to know if it was related to FCR and you moved the entire post over to the bug tracker and closed it saying it wasn't related to FCR.

After a week I reposted my post minus the question at the end and was promptly banned.

The whole experience reeks of whitewashing to me.

In response to post #47787385.

Smannesman wrote:

Good times.

There's a sticky post explaining the rules about comment spamming. Out of 129k downloads we've only had to block 2 people, which is a testament to how awesome the Nexus community is. This particular user was initially not pleased that his bug report (which was already covered in the mod documentation troubleshooting section) was moved to the bugs section.

I'm sorry, but you're just misrepresenting the situation.

I made an entire reasonably well written post about the mod and at the end I asked one single question about an issue I had which I was curious to know if it was related to FCR and you moved the entire post over to the bug tracker and closed it saying it wasn't related to FCR.

After a week I reposted my post minus the question at the end and was promptly banned.

The whole experience reeks of whitewashing to me.

Bug report is still there, still open, with your comments and our responses, for anyone to read and draw their own conclusions. You reported bugs related to 1) Spike, 2) Ownership of items, and 3) Glowing Sea name showing in German. So your post was moved to the bugs section, like the sticky post said it would be.

We responded to the issues you raised, providing links to the mod documentation. After you pushed the issue, we then stated, in the bug report thread:

"We've tried our best to provide all the mod info, Q&A, and troubleshooting help we can on the mod page. We realize many users will not read the mod page, the sticky post at the top of the comments, or most of the terminals in game, and come away confused by certain lore aspects or game-play elements. That's okay, the mod isn't for everyone. It's possible you might find more happiness with another mod on Nexus or making your own."

Not sure why you feel the need to keep pressing the issue. Lots of great mods out there, surely some will be to your liking.

In response to post #47641810. #47655125, #47662765, #47710295 are all replies on the same post.

NeshiraNamea wrote: It doesn't require it but textures look messed up without it. I know CBBE isn't inherently slooty (despite it usually being used that way) but I prefer vanilla bodies in FO4 and I wouldn't want to look at all the messed up textures.
Malachai6669 wrote: CBBE has a vanilla shape option that only adds textures. If you're worried about the nudity it also has a nevernude option.

Yeah, sorry about that. CBBE and vanilla use different UV maps, which makes textures look weird on certain outfits that show more skin. We had a choice: use vanilla only armors/clothing, and then certain skin textures would look weird for anyone with CBBE installed. Or use CBBE armors/clothing, and certain skin textures would look odd for people not using CBBE.

CBBE is highly customizable, the most popular mod on FO4 Nexus, and most outfits on Nexus are made for CBBE, so we elected to go with CBBE outfits in order to make the majority of users happy.

FCR has 10-20 hours of gameplay. If you don't have CBBE installed, the bathing suit NPC's in Club Fusion (15-ish minutes of gameplay) will look weird. Otherwise shouldn't be much of a difference.

There's a few Let's Play YouTube videos that play the mod without CBBE if you want to check those out.

Edited by Thuggysmurf