49 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020,016 posts
Epic Viking Music - Skyrim Special Edition

This Mod changes all the Vanilla Music. The new tracks are mostly from the music group "Wardruna". If you want Nordic Music in Skyrim, than this Mod is perfect for you.

Mercury71

Mercury71

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 352 posts
Nice one but it sounds more medival than viking in my ears. On the other hand no one knows the music or sounds of the vikings.
Being scandinavian my thoughts on viking music is much more simple arrangements than these.. more like just a drum and a little flute.
Stilll very nice songs though.
Only tune that does not fit my ear at all, and made me not download, is the Faun tune for the taverns.

Spankahontis

Spankahontis

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
In response to post #49696627.

Spoiler

Vikings were more for epic poetry than music, tales of epic battles and love.

Now that would be a great mod, if someone managed to make poets in all the major cities of Skyrim like Bards, only they made poems of events of Skyrim, from love to fights they have had, even of other events that talks of tales of Skyrim, Hagravens, Giants, Dragons etc.

Bards and Poets in historical times were like the journalists/town criers of old.. The news and gossip through song or instrument.

Edited by Spankahontis, 30 April 2017 - 01:34 PM.

greenback12

greenback12

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 55 posts
In response to post #49696627. #49697952 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Thank for your feedback. The meaning of "viking" can alway be discussed. I wanted a playlist with nordic music for a dense atmospere and the discription "epic viking" made the most sense in my opinion.
If you remove or hide the file "MMTavernAll02" in the mod folder music/tavern-all the faun-track will not be played ingame. the other two tracks, who will be played in taverns are "Krummi" by Valran and "Wolf Blood" by Adrian von Ziegler.
Have a nice day!

Edited by greenback12, 30 April 2017 - 01:55 PM.

AloeVeraGreen

AloeVeraGreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Nice.

I'd also recommend giving Harold foss a listening to as well.

greenback12

greenback12

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 55 posts
In response to post #49698567.

Spoiler

Thanks. :-)
Ive not known the artist so far. I will listen to it an maybe make an update, if it is harmonious to the other stuff.

Gorgulla

Gorgulla

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,218 posts
In response to post #49696627. #49697952, #49698372 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

This one is quite neat :)

EdmondNoir

EdmondNoir

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts
tracking. ill test it out later i want to see how many songs are in it. your main page doesnt list the number of tracks used for each area - so it would appear as tho it is possible that only 1 track the track you listed is used in combat etc etc... (at least this is how it reads ill inspect the files later.)

DanielCoffey

DanielCoffey

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,387 posts
I know you listed the sources of the music but did you obtain permission to redistribute the copyrighted songs?

Naimadpl

Naimadpl

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
Meeh, no action music while combat

Page loaded in: 0.943 seconds