Nexus Mods and GOG Giveaway

TerrorFox1234

Hey, so I cant run New vegas with mods. It Opens to the Launcher screen (start, Options, Tech support, etc) but after clicking start with mods loaded it crashes. saying that "FalloutNV has stopped working" I load that game without mods and it works fine. I need help please!!! I bought this game for having mods help!!!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #51344287.

ChaseTonks544365676 wrote: Hey, so I cant run New vegas with mods. It Opens to the Launcher screen (start, Options, Tech support, etc) but after clicking start with mods loaded it crashes. saying that "FalloutNV has stopped working" I load that game without mods and it works fine. I need help please!!! I bought this game for having mods help!!!

If you're not already i would recommend installing LOOT it helps you find possible mod conflicts.
https://loot.github.io/

In response to post #51344287. #51377437 is also a reply to the same post.

ChaseTonks544365676 wrote: Hey, so I cant run New vegas with mods. It Opens to the Launcher screen (start, Options, Tech support, etc) but after clicking start with mods loaded it crashes. saying that "FalloutNV has stopped working" I load that game without mods and it works fine. I need help please!!! I bought this game for having mods help!!!
K1Fighter wrote: If you're not already i would recommend installing LOOT it helps you find possible mod conflicts.

Do you have mods that require launching through the script extender? You may need to download NVSE (new vegas script extender) and/or perhaps the 4GB enabler mod. The above user that suggested using LOOT is also a good idea.

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to GoG and Nexus for this giveaway.

In response to post #51344287. #51377437, #51472007 are all replies on the same post.

K1Fighter wrote: If you're not already i would recommend installing LOOT it helps you find possible mod conflicts.
pafool wrote: Do you have mods that require launching through the script extender? You may need to download NVSE (new vegas script extender) and/or perhaps the 4GB enabler mod. The above user that suggested using LOOT is also a good idea.

Besides what everyone else has said, you should also download XEdit (FNVEdit in this case) and clean any mods that have ITM (identical to Master) ot UDR's (Undeleted References) showing up in LOOT.

Also you should grab copies of NVSE (NewVegas Script extender: nvse.silverlock.org) New Vegas AntiCrash, and New Vegas Stutter Remover.

In response to post #51896782.

DAActon wrote: Seems they have forgotten the users in the transition to the NEW site. No updates for over a month is ridiculous.

I'd appreciate an update as well, but there's no use getting mad about it.