We're Hiring: UI Designer/Front End Developer Position

Dark0ne

Though I cannot apply for the job from Florida, I am happy for anybody else to have the opportunity. Everybody needs a job. That you guys can offer a full-time job just shows how far the Nexus has come along all these years. I hope you find somebody and wish him/her and the Nexus success.

:)

Edited by crippknottick

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #52415323.

zlycher wrote: Phew, tons of front page content followed by 2 months of silence. Don't worry a guy like that. I'm assuming everyone is just 'heads down' and that's why the news content has disappeared?

Correct. Our Director of Content, Blindjudge, has been tied up in helping with the redesign and Vortex. We will resume the release of regular content once the more important tasks are out of the way.

In response to post #52403913. #52404128 is also a reply to the same post.

lxndr wrote:

This basically means the release of any sort is postponed. I am right?

Dark0ne wrote: No postponements. Our current workflow has shown up a shortfall so we're simply planning for the future.

I am so happy hearing this. And it is awesome that Nexus is thriving like that! The whole nexus mods team is doing a great job, thank you!

I hate myself for asking this, but are you guys in the position to hint at an approximate release date for Vortex? (Please don't slap me ;) ) Edited by mindmonkey

In response to post #52403913. #52404128, #52428538 are all replies on the same post.

lxndr wrote:

This basically means the release of any sort is postponed. I am right?

Dark0ne wrote: No postponements. Our current workflow has shown up a shortfall so we're simply planning for the future.
mindmonkey wrote: I am so happy hearing this. And it is awesome that Nexus is thriving like that! The whole nexus mods team is doing a great job, thank you!

I hate myself for asking this, but are you guys in the position to hint at an approximate release date for Vortex? (Please don't slap me ;) )

Be careful, remember "Brook's law" : "adding manpower to a late software project makes it later"

Well, it is too late to change the current used technologies anyways, but that you have chosen to use Electron as a desktop platform may be more efficient from budget's perspective. Still were you guys really aware of the decision made? Electron ships with a chrome VM. So for each electron app that you have on a desktop, you have installed chrome's engine too, despite the fact that you have already a chrome browser. It's not a secret that chrome eats up your resources (especially when managing memory). I certainly don't want this on my PC.

I wished that you have considered to stay at C# like the old NMM (even if that software program is not designed correctly). I have also seen the requirements. Especially the "bonus skills" section. The management has to consider if they're not picking too many technologies. Really, for server side only: Node.js + Rails + PHP. Or is node.js used for some client site tooling? I would really say "Really?" if that's the situation.

In response to post #52463753.

Biikaru wrote: why did the mod manager even need a new name? "Vortex"? lol

"Nexus Mod Manager" name was fine & besides, it was always in beta anyway.

They wanted something that could be expanded beyond just mod management without a mid-stream rebranding.

It's explained in the original post about naming the product.

In response to post #52462393.

xybolt wrote: Well, it is too late to change the current used technologies anyways, but that you have chosen to use Electron as a desktop platform may be more efficient from budget's perspective. Still were you guys really aware of the decision made? Electron ships with a chrome VM. So for each electron app that you have on a desktop, you have installed chrome's engine too, despite the fact that you have already a chrome browser. It's not a secret that chrome eats up your resources (especially when managing memory). I certainly don't want this on my PC.

I wished that you have considered to stay at C# like the old NMM (even if that software program is not designed correctly). I have also seen the requirements. Especially the "bonus skills" section. The management has to consider if they're not picking too many technologies. Really, for server side only: Node.js + Rails + PHP. Or is node.js used for some client site tooling? I would really say "Really?" if that's the situation.

Electron apps rely heavily on Node in my experience.