Happy 10th Anniversary to The Witcher series!

TerrorFox1234

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the Witcher games but as a woman, I always feel like I am crashing a party I was not invited to.

​So far, that's like a true RPG setting. :laugh: Be someone else - completely unchained from real life facts & constraints.

​But I agree, that open games like Skyrim (player's liberty to choose her/his character) make that experience far more comfortable.

​To that degree, the Witcher games clearly lack a story from a female perspective. Ciri might be the obvious one.

In a ranking: The "​Blood and wine" expansion feels the most neutral story for me where Geralt's gender is not predominant in the mainquest. Witcher 1 would probably be the opposite for the told story.

• 2 weeks later...

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - Player (Love this Game):

All I can personally say is I have used GOG and Steam, support sucks on both... Sorry, guys. But, with Steam at least you have the support of the Steam community... To help fix most, if not all issues. I could always find the fixes thru the Steam version from the Steam community, but I always hit a dead end usually with GOG version. "Works on the Steam version, but not on GOG." - and it Didn't...

So, to be fair Witcher 3: Wild hunt ended up costing me just over $120 USD to get my first play thru...

No CD ProjeKt Red, I'm not saying I would buy Witcher 4 for $120... but hmmm...

OK so this post, and this anniversary, and this sale, well well well. I bought Witcher 3 - It's the most fun I ever had playing a game since Zelda Ocarina of Time. No lie. Hands down this game is amazing.

Sorry Fallout 4, but receiving one accolade of Game of the Year from one magazine, doth not a Game of the Year title make.

CD Projekt Red - Bravo. This game is mindblowing.

PS.. I applied for a level design position for Witcher 4 - wish me luck, you guys. :)

In response to post #55287943.

RaffTheSweetling wrote: OK so this post, and this anniversary, and this sale, well well well. I bought Witcher 3 - It's the most fun I ever had playing a game since Zelda Ocarina of Time. No lie. Hands down this game is amazing.
Sorry Fallout 4, but receiving one accolade of Game of the Year from one magazine, doth not a Game of the Year title make.
CD Projekt Red - Bravo. This game is mindblowing.

PS.. I applied for a level design position for Witcher 4 - wish me luck, you guys. :)

Good luck! Just remember to do your best so Witcher 4 will replace Witcher 3 as the best fantasy RPG video game to date.

In response to post #54854513.

taerie wrote: I play the Witcher games but as a woman, I always feel like I am crashing a party I was not invited to.

I play Witcher too (3 ATM but I played 2 as well, though I am far from finished with 3) and I'm a girl, I admit it can be hard to remember, Geralt's a guy and thus, you have that dynamic to remember when talking and dealing with NPCs. But otherwise I have quite a bit of fun, I have no desire to be a girl in the game, Geralt is fun, though I got remember to be careful about getting TOO friendly with females with the mere intention of being nice and it leading to things I did not expect... (Not a fan of sexual content.)

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #54854513. #55456493 is also a reply to the same post.

taerie wrote: I play the Witcher games but as a woman, I always feel like I am crashing a party I was not invited to.
Wolflady500 wrote: I play Witcher too (3 ATM but I played 2 as well, though I am far from finished with 3) and I'm a girl, I admit it can be hard to remember, Geralt's a guy and thus, you have that dynamic to remember when talking and dealing with NPCs. But otherwise I have quite a bit of fun, I have no desire to be a girl in the game, Geralt is fun, though I got remember to be careful about getting TOO friendly with females with the mere intention of being nice and it leading to things I did not expect... (Not a fan of sexual content.)

Femshep. That's all I'm gonna say :P

• 2 weeks later...