Mod Author Donation System

Dark0ne

In response to post #59794576.

Vanguardascendant wrote: Is this still a thing?

Yes it is. We're putting the final touches on it now and hope to have it out some time this month.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #59794576. #59795521, #59795591 are all replies on the same post.

Vanguardascendant wrote: Is this still a thing?
Dark0ne wrote: Yes it is. We're putting the final touches on it now and hope to have it out some time this month.
Vanguardascendant wrote: That's great!

Yeah, this sounds like a really good system actually. I'm definitely gonna participate!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Dark0ne wrote: Yes it is. We're putting the final touches on it now and hope to have it out some time this month.

It's August already, any updates?

Guess you missed this back in May:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6666406-donation-points-system-now-live-for-mod-authors-on-nexus-mods/

• 4 weeks later...

So I recently became a FO4 Nexus Modder and didn't know about Donation Points until I came across it when putting the mod up. However, something occurred to me while tracking the progress of my mod. I noticed that my mod was doing rather well in the trending list and realised there was a mod lower in the list (therefore less featured) but it had significantly more unique downloads - than mine at the time - but I had more Endorsements. So this indicates that Endorsements count for more in the trending list equation than Unique Downloads? :unsure:

I realised that this might affect the popularity of certain mods - Pushing something further up the trending list may persuade a user to download - and lower down the list therefore might potentially be less favoured for download. This may ultimately mean that Endorsement Driven mods will do better and adversely affect Donation Points down the chain.

Now correcting this - in this example where Unique Downloads win out, might mean I would actually lose out isn't the point - Surely as stated "has to be reasonable" its about fairness? - which is stated in the Donation points Facts Quote "Unique download counters are perhaps the most objective metric we have on this site and are a direct representation of the popularity of a file" I hope I have explained it well enough and my point makes sense? ;)

Edit: I have some pretty compelling evidence of this, I did a screen grab this pm illustrating the point if you're interested? - in it it shows that Lara Croft from Rise of the Tomb Raider Mod is not in the top 5 trending list - yet has more Unique Downloads than two of the mods that are on the Trending Five list Please note I have no affiliation with LCFROTTR mod or the author - that being said I am a Fan of the Game :tongue:

Edited by SnQQpyDog

• 2 months later...

So I recently became a FO4 Nexus Modder and didn't know about Donation Points until I came across it when putting the mod up. However, something occurred to me while tracking the progress of my mod. I noticed that my mod was doing rather well in the trending list and realised there was a mod lower in the list (therefore less featured) but it had significantly more unique downloads - than mine at the time - but I had more Endorsements. So this indicates that Endorsements count for more in the trending list equation than Unique Downloads? :unsure:

I realised that this might affect the popularity of certain mods - Pushing something further up the trending list may persuade a user to download - and lower down the list therefore might potentially be less favoured for download. This may ultimately mean that Endorsement Driven mods will do better and adversely affect Donation Points down the chain.

Now correcting this - in this example where Unique Downloads win out, might mean I would actually lose out isn't the point - Surely as stated "has to be reasonable" its about fairness? - which is stated in the Donation points Facts Quote "Unique download counters are perhaps the most objective metric we have on this site and are a direct representation of the popularity of a file" I hope I have explained it well enough and my point makes sense? :wink:

Edit: I have some pretty compelling evidence of this, I did a screen grab this pm illustrating the point if you're interested? - in it it shows that Lara Croft from Rise of the Tomb Raider Mod is not in the top 5 trending list - yet has more Unique Downloads than two of the mods that are on the Trending Five list Please note I have no affiliation with LCFROTTR mod or the author - that being said I am a Fan of the Game :tongue:

I'm fairly sure it's not the total number of unique downloads that count, it's the RATE of unique downloads in a given time period.