Year in review and looking forward

Dark0ne

It's been a damn fine year for modding, keep up the great work! Regarding the new site design, I think you guys nailed it. There is not one thing I miss about the old site compared to the new one. We're all apprehensive about major changes like this to sites that we use daily, but you've pulled it off better than basically any other site that I've ever seen go through major updates like this. The transition has been smooth as butter compared to the updates to Bethesda's site over the last couple of years.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're committed to the website redesign could you at least fix it? Put some descriptions on the front page so I don't have to click through and load a bunch more pictures on my slow connection just to find out what a mod does? And make the updates button show all the updates? This site seems to be more about pictures these days than mods.

Just throwing my unimportant voice in with this: I love the new site design. I thought I'd hate it but honestly it's great. It has all the important information, it's streamlined, and it's neater under the hood from what you guys have said and easier for y'all to work with! If the new Mod Manager is as good as the new site design I'm excited. Change is scary but you guys have done it well. Keep up the great work!! <3

In response to post #56686801.

Keleigh3000 wrote: If you're committed to the website redesign could you at least fix it? Put some descriptions on the front page so I don't have to click through and load a bunch more pictures on my slow connection just to find out what a mod does? And make the updates button show all the updates? This site seems to be more about pictures these days than mods.

This is one of the few problems that I have with the new design. The fact that there is no way to view the small description for front page files, unless they're one of the two big ones. I much preferred the older system that just cycled through the top 5.

I'm betting some of the uptick in the downloading of mods is from Bethesda's CC. People learning that some of the same mods can be had from Nexus for free.

I can't wait for Vortex, I am hoping it is a good combination of NMM and Tannin's MO.

I'm proud to be a premium member. It's like I'm a member of the team without having to show my lack of knowing how to code and such.

In response to post #56692721. #56694116 is also a reply to the same post.

marauder345 wrote: I wasn't too fond of the redesign at first, but now, I'm liking it. I thought it was going to be hard to adjust to, but I was wrong.
KJA1775 wrote: My thoughts exactly. Nexus Team, keep up the good work!

I agree. I had a lot of links that pointed at the old nexus that got broken (Damn you Chrome!) and that was kinda a pain to fix, but the old version did make me buy premium (All the ads it had shoved into it kinda killed my computer because I'm a power user who has to have 10 tabs open at once when updating my mod list and I felt guilty using AdBlock). Now that everything is resolved and the bugs have been ironed out, I'm loving the cleaner new look. Edited by pheonix235

In response to post #56692721. #56694116, #56700656 are all replies on the same post.

marauder345 wrote: I wasn't too fond of the redesign at first, but now, I'm liking it. I thought it was going to be hard to adjust to, but I was wrong.
KJA1775 wrote: My thoughts exactly. Nexus Team, keep up the good work!
pheonix235 wrote: I agree. I had a lot of links that pointed at the old nexus that got broken (Damn you Chrome!) and that was kinda a pain to fix, but the old version did make me buy premium (All the ads it had shoved into it kinda killed my computer because I'm a power user who has to have 10 tabs open at once when updating my mod list and I felt guilty using AdBlock). Now that everything is resolved and the bugs have been ironed out, I'm loving the cleaner new look.

Anticipating a difficult learning curve for Vortex is making me anxious. The simplicity and familiarity of NMM are comforting.