Heavy Traffic ×

Year in review and looking forward

Dark0ne

In response to post #56762306. #56775621 is also a reply to the same post.

Andarus2 wrote: The new Design is really bad and I have no idea how you can be happy with it? Its just less functional! The filters for example on the Modpage: I need 4 Clicks on the new Design vs 1 Click on the Old Design? Same for many other things like Changelogs and Stuff...

Its just horrible!
Loveblanket wrote: That's your opinion and not everyone shares it. IMHO the new site is easier to navigate, faster, cleaner and it's easier to find exactly what I'm looking for.

same. in overall the redesign is really good, especially the navigation.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #56762306. #56775621, #56780216 are all replies on the same post.

Andarus2 wrote: The new Design is really bad and I have no idea how you can be happy with it? Its just less functional! The filters for example on the Modpage: I need 4 Clicks on the new Design vs 1 Click on the Old Design? Same for many other things like Changelogs and Stuff...

Its just horrible!
Loveblanket wrote: That's your opinion and not everyone shares it. IMHO the new site is easier to navigate, faster, cleaner and it's easier to find exactly what I'm looking for.
calscks wrote: same. in overall the redesign is really good, especially the navigation.

I disagree. The new design is SO much nicer.

Thank you to everyone at Nexus for 2017 and looking forward to the rest of 2018. Nexus always feels homely and familiar for me, and I've been here a few years. Everyone is helpful and generally very friendly.

My thanks to all the wonderful modders, and to all the people who have taken time out to help me with my daft questions as a bumbling mod user.

I look forward to Vortex as and when it arrives, and other ideas that will come up! I'm getting used to the new design and feel comfortable with it now.

Thank you, good luck and all the best!

PS - you never posted your HQ photos! We want to see Nexus' home!

Edited by BlueGunk

In response to post #56762306. #56775621, #56780216, #56787736 are all replies on the same post.

Its just horrible!
calscks wrote: same. in overall the redesign is really good, especially the navigation.
zidders wrote: I disagree. The new design is SO much nicer.

I agree I am not a fan of the new look... and now that I have to have it... it's a bummer.

I cannot wait to see what 2018 has in hold for this wonderful community! Keep up the great work! Since Vortex was brought up, I have a little question about it. I've accumulated hundreds of mods over the years. When Vortex releases, will there be a dedicated option to porting over all those mods or will we need to completely reconfigure our games? :)

Sounds good, glad to hear that you guys are looking forward and adjusting your tech stack accordingly. Nexus Mods has indeed grown incredibly lately, I think you guys have done an incredible job scaling given the massive growth you've received (doubling your download database in a few months is insane!)

Happy 2018!

I would like to comment on the "Search engine". It's definitely the worst i've used like ever...

The other day while i was on a mod page, i typed the exact name of the mod in the search bar and got a message saying no mods were found... That's REALLY broken...

Edited by JoeBlow90

In response to post #56797321.

SamPayne647 wrote: I cannot wait to see what 2018 has in hold for this wonderful community! Keep up the great work! Since Vortex was brought up, I have a little question about it. I've accumulated hundreds of mods over the years. When Vortex releases, will there be a dedicated option to porting over all those mods or will we need to completely reconfigure our games? :)

I asked that same question a couple months ago and what they said was that a porting option was something that they were looking at, but they couldn't guarantee it, or something along those lines. It's a pretty safe bet that there will be some way to do it other than downloading all the mods again. Maybe at worst it will be a situation where you just move the files from the NMM folder to the Vortex folder manually. As for actually installing them for you and reconfigurating your game, that might be a little harder though they did say years ago they eventually wanted people to be able to upload their configurations to share with others in an automated fashion, so maybe you will just upload your existing configuration and copy it into Vortex. Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later.