We're Hiring: Vortex developer

Dark0ne

June 2018: We're currently not hiring for this position.

Last year we set up our first office for Nexus Mods and began the process of relocating as many of the current staff as possible into the new environment.

As part of this process, we now have a job opening at Nexus Mods working on our Vortex software with Tannin, which is replacing the Nexus Mod Manager.

This position is based in our offices in Exeter in the UK, which I know limits our available recruiting pool from the sites, but I always post our job openings up on the site before passing on the requirements to local recruiters. I'd rather recruit from within the community if I can and we've been very lucky thus far finding staff who know and use Nexus Mods.

Here are the details.

The Role

You’ll be working with our current Vortex programmer, Tannin, to further develop and expand on Vortex. This will include fixing bugs and writing new extensions and functionality for the software.

While this role is based in our offices in Exeter, Tannin does not work from our offices and as such you will become a liaison between the Vortex development team and our web development team, that are based in the Exeter offices from which you will work.

Our stack consists of a mixture of technologies - Node, Electron, Javascript, React, CSS, and some C++ and C#.

We work as closely as possible to an agile project management scheme and every team member’s input is highly valued - we’re looking for people who can constructively discuss and promote ideas in our programming meetings.

You'll need development experience with javascript and be comfortable with related technologies.

Ultimately, we’re looking for people who are keen to learn and flexible in their approach with a strong programming background.

Responsibilities

• Working as part of the Vortex team to maintain the Vortex software, fixing bugs and adding new features.
  • Participating in team meetings.
  • Keeping track of your workflow using project management tools.
  • Working with everyone at Nexus Mods to shape the future of our platform.

Requirements and Skills

• Javascript/Typescript & related Frameworks.
  • NodeJS/Electron.
  • CSS.
  • Strong understanding of Object-Oriented Development.
  • Willingness to learn new technologies.
  • Strong communication skills both verbally and written (English).
  • Right to work in the UK and a willingness to relocate to Exeter

Bonus Skills

• Comfortable developing on Windows.
  • C++
  • C#
  • An understanding of games modding and knowledge of Nexus Mods.
  • Previous experience with Nexus Mod Manager and Mod Organizer.
  • A sense of humour.
  • A love of computer games.

Other Information

• We will offer a competitive market rate salary dependent on your level.
  • We will provide high spec hardware for you to work from in the office.
  • For the right candidates we may be able to assist with relocation expenses and logistics. 
  • This is a full-time office-based position from our offices in Exeter, UK.

To Apply

In order to apply, please send an email to [email protected] with your CV and why you’d be suitable for this role.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #56819921.

Canderis wrote: I want to apply so bad. These are the skills I have and the type of job I want to do, but i'm still a student and only a year away from graduation. Too bad you guys don't do summer internships, I'd be all over that.

Just apply and see what happens, maybe they like you and you can evolve into a force to be reckoned with as a programmer :)