Limited Vortex alpha release today, full release soon

Dark0ne

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57200871. #57201401, #57201461, #57204291 are all replies on the same post.

L0neWander3r wrote: just testing it out and i like it
L0neWander3r wrote: thats it...
MyDeadX wrote: I think the mod dependencie feature is way better than just let some files be overwritten with new ones. You have a better overview of which mods/textures are overwritten and it may let you overwrite loose files with .bsa's? Would be nice if that's true.
Thallassa wrote: It doesn't let you overwrite loose files with BSAs. That's a terrible feature that never worked properly and will break every intention of every mod author.

If for some reason you need files from a BSA to overwrite something else, unpack the BSA. What happens next is on you but at least you will have full control.

, and . ???

EDIT: Geht doch... Edited by archerarcher

In response to post #57199161. #57199196, #57199271 are all replies on the same post.

}{ellKnight wrote: Downloaded and installed/logged in with it using my work laptop, hopefully this is enough for me to be able to use it at home.

I'm assuming that with future versions we'll be able to install this in other locations than the default one (Program Files/Black Tree Gaming). Hopefully it'll have an import from Mod Organizer feature as well. Can't wait to get home and start testing this thing out.
Pickysaurus wrote: It does have a MO import button but I couldn't get it to work
}{ellKnight wrote: Yeah, just found the Mo Import extension amongst the many other extensions it has, quite impresive (can't really test it since I don't have any games on my work laptop). It wouldn't surprise me if you really wanted to you could do it manually by looking at how it has it's profiles set up and try to mimick that with the data MO stores for its profiles.

I also tried the NMM import button but it doesn't work for me sadly

I stumbled upon a crash while downloading mods - "download.urls is not a function". Hope this get fixed soon, so I continue testing.

Besides that, I really like the design.

Maybe add BorderLines to the ModList so it's easier to navigate for mod dependencies!

I'm not a fan of the restricted download threads (1) for non-premium users. It makes downloading a whole bunch of mods a real pain.

Edited by MyDeadX

In response to post #57201216.

MyDeadX wrote: I stumbled upon a crash while downloading mods - "download.urls is not a function". Hope this get fixed soon, so I continue testing.

Besides that, I really like the design.
Maybe add BorderLines to the ModList so it's easier to navigate for mod dependencies!

I'm not a fan of the restricted download threads (1) for non-premium users. It makes downloading a whole bunch of mods a real pain.

Tannin has updated the "Known Issues" thread with that issue: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6352891-known-issues/

It'll likely be fixed with an update some time soon :)

In response to post #57200871. #57201036, #57201401 are all replies on the same post.

L0neWander3r wrote: just testing it out i like it just two ideas to make it bit better overwrite mods and instead of mod name put the title of the mods instead
archerarcher wrote: , and . ???
L0neWander3r wrote: thats it...

I think the mod dependencie feature is way better than just let some files be overwritten with new ones. You have a better overview of which mods/textures are overwritten and it may let you overwrite loose files with .bsa's? Would be nice if that's true.

Doesen't look like the MO Import function works at all, Not from Program Files or Users, Not sure how to work around this ( I tried importing all the mods myself but something did not seem right, like it did not know what should and should not be overwritten/prioritized so im just going to wait for a workaround or fix.