Limited Vortex alpha release today, full release soon

Dark0ne

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57201831.

Xelriel wrote: Doesen't look like the MO Import function works at all, Not from Program Files or Users, Not sure how to work around this ( I tried importing all the mods myself but something did not seem right, like it did not know what should and should not be overwritten/prioritized so im just going to wait for a workaround or fix.

Can confirm. Tried importing from MO for Oldrim, using a portable MO2. Says "import successful," but it imported exactly zero files.

This is literally all it said in the log file:

"transfer unpacked mods files
Finished transferring unpacked mod files"

In response to post #57201831. #57202811 is also a reply to the same post.

Xelriel wrote: Doesen't look like the MO Import function works at all, Not from Program Files or Users, Not sure how to work around this ( I tried importing all the mods myself but something did not seem right, like it did not know what should and should not be overwritten/prioritized so im just going to wait for a workaround or fix.
someguynamedjoe wrote: Can confirm. Tried importing from MO for Oldrim, using a portable MO2. Says "import successful," but it imported exactly zero files.

This is literally all it said in the log file:

"transfer unpacked mods files
Finished transferring unpacked mod files"

Import from MO worked for me when I last tried it (a few versions ago).

That said Vortex doesn't import activation or overwrite information from MO. You'll need to set that up manually even when import does work correctly. It would be too complex for it to convert MO's information to the new Vortex system.

Please use the feedback button built into vortex and provide as much information as possible about what you expected to happen and what actually happened. That will help the devs fix it. A vague post here will *not* help the devs do anything.

I cant currently give feedback through manager, why i post it here

Massive problem: Vortex carshed for me due to my pc having problems (not realated to alpha, just my pc is atm stupid),

Firstly, i have no damn clue where Vortex was installed in (checked all files in both my Drives, Checked Appdata only to find parts)

after a try to reinstall via downloaded installer, i cant log in: the web says its autorised but i can't get in again

dunno if its just my end, or there is some error in vortex itself

I'm not a technical mod user, my ability with computers is rather limited, so I hope that whoever gets the Vortex Alpha build will be able to fully test it instead of someone like me who would likely complain that X is broken and have no idea how to fully explain it in detail.

I downloaded Vortex at 8:02 a.m. -

Using with Skyrim Special Edition.

I imported the mods loaded in NMM, they all imported properly (this also disabled all mods in NMM automatically). I then enabled them, which also worked properly.

The Managed Mods, however, showed "0" Mods managed. I then installed a mod from file and the Managed mods showed "1" mod managed.

The loose file fix, seems to work properly also.

There is a small learning curve for those of us that are not overly endowed in the brain department, however it is very small.

Navigation around the Vortex is simple and pretty easy once you look at it.

I am currently using 142 active plugins, and 170 installed mods. It appears that all imported properly and are working as expected.

I also setup the LOOT and FNIS tools, which was easy and worked as expected.

I like the dashboard along with the tool buttons being right there together. The mods tab and Plugins tab are self explanatory and easy to see your load order.

Once downloaded and setup and mods installed, I was in game at 8:32 a.m. (Very small learning curve indeed).

Good job all.

Edit: Under the mods tab, only the one mod installed from file shows up. None of the imported mods show.

Edit 2: Ok, I see. When you install a mod from file, it places the mod in a different mod folder than NMM. Not a problem really, just more learning curve.

Edited by cortex56

In response to post #57200871. #57201036, #57201401, #57201461 are all replies on the same post.

L0neWander3r wrote: just testing it out and i like it
archerarcher wrote: , and . ???
L0neWander3r wrote: thats it...
MyDeadX wrote: I think the mod dependencie feature is way better than just let some files be overwritten with new ones. You have a better overview of which mods/textures are overwritten and it may let you overwrite loose files with .bsa's? Would be nice if that's true.

It doesn't let you overwrite loose files with BSAs. That's a terrible feature that never worked properly and will break every intention of every mod author.

If for some reason you need files from a BSA to overwrite something else, unpack the BSA. What happens next is on you but at least you will have full control.

In response to post #57203396.

cortex56 wrote: I downloaded Vortex at 8:02 a.m. -
Using with Skyrim Special Edition.
I imported the mods loaded in NMM, they all imported properly (this also disabled all mods in NMM automatically). I then enabled them, which also worked properly.
The Managed Mods, however, showed "0" Mods managed. I then installed a mod from file and the Managed mods showed "1" mod managed.

The loose file fix, seems to work properly also.

There is a small learning curve for those of us that are not overly endowed in the brain department, however it is very small.
Navigation around the Vortex is simple and pretty easy once you look at it.

I am currently using 142 active plugins, and 170 installed mods. It appears that all imported properly and are working as expected.

I also setup the LOOT and FNIS tools, which was easy and worked as expected.

I like the dashboard along with the tool buttons being right there together. The mods tab and Plugins tab are self explanatory and easy to see your load order.

Once downloaded and setup and mods installed, I was in game at 8:32 a.m. (Very small learning curve indeed).
Good job all.

Edit: Under the mods tab, only the one mod installed from file shows up. None of the imported mods show.
Edit 2: Ok, I see. When you install a mod from file, it places the mod in a different mod folder than NMM. Not a problem really, just more learning curve.

Thanks for your detailed run down and feedback!

Made a topic over on AFK Mods in case there is any feedback over there from peeps who do not frequent here ..

https://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/5177-relz-vortex-mod-manager/

( And I have refrained from tainting it with my personal bias towards Wrye Bash to handle everything :P )

Congrats on release Tannin and Dark0ne, I will be trying it within a few weeks (just to see at least if my old mods with both Wizards for Wrye Bash, and FOMod scripting for MO / NMM .. Now actually still work ok with Vortex too).