Limited Vortex alpha release today, full release soon

Dark0ne

In response to post #58452821. #58878946, #58883091 are all replies on the same post.

ladyaurora wrote: Will Vortex allow for installation across drives? For instance, I currently have SE on my C: drive (SSD) and NMM on my K: drive (HDD); will something like this be possible with Vortex or do they have to be on the same drive?

NVM, found my answer.
lorenzo3117 wrote: Hey,
What answer did you find?
ladyaurora wrote: From what I could find, it has to be on the same drive.

Ok thx! I hope installation across drives will be possible in a future release. My SSD is filling up really fast with 40gb of mods. Have a good day!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One feature I always wanted to see on Mod Organizer was the ability to not only categorize mods, but to change the text color on the mod name in the list. (example: all of your texture mods you could make light blue/ all of your UI mods orange. etc.) Does anyone else see merit to this idea?

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #59237051.

tweibel wrote: One feature I always wanted to see on Mod Organizer was the ability to not only categorize mods, but to change the text color on the mod name in the list. (example: all of your texture mods you could make light blue/ all of your UI mods orange. etc.) Does anyone else see merit to this idea?

vortex already has the ability to set 8 different icons with 8 different colors on a per mod basis (basically 64 variations), while it doesn't change the text color, i think its enough to accomplish what you are wanting to do (distinguish mods by type at a glance) (make sure "highlight" is enabled in the header options) Edited by imp_ulse

In response to post #58452821. #58878946, #58883091, #58896616 are all replies on the same post.

ladyaurora wrote: Will Vortex allow for installation across drives? For instance, I currently have SE on my C: drive (SSD) and NMM on my K: drive (HDD); will something like this be possible with Vortex or do they have to be on the same drive?

NVM, found my answer.
lorenzo3117 wrote: Hey,
What answer did you find?
ladyaurora wrote: From what I could find, it has to be on the same drive.
lorenzo3117 wrote: Ok thx! I hope installation across drives will be possible in a future release. My SSD is filling up really fast with 40gb of mods. Have a good day!

i have vortex on a separate drive (c drive ssd), you just have to tweak the settings for games on a different drive, some of mine are on my D drive, i just have to make sure any games on D also have the vortex mod folder also stored on D. you can set it up on a per game basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Is there a way to export a list of my mods?

When I post on a forum about issues I'm having, everyone always wants a list of mods I'm using. I'm using almost 80 in Skyrim, so I'd rather not type them all out...

Thanks!

Does anybody know how to put mods into categories, I can see that they have them already assigned, but when I click on the categories button, all the folders are shown to be empty, and once I'm able to do that can I collapse the folders to only view mods in a particular category? having every mod on the screen can get a bit clustered.

• 2 weeks later...
In response to post #60130231.

UltraStarkiller wrote:

Does anybody know how to put mods into categories, I can see that they have them already assigned, but when I click on the categories button, all the folders are shown to be empty, and once I'm able to do that can I collapse the folders to only view mods in a particular category? having every mod on the screen can get a bit clustered.

Haven't used it yet, but I would assume it's drag and drop, since part of the design philosophy of Vortex is simplicity.