Limited Vortex alpha release today, full release soon

Dark0ne

In response to post #57675401. #57957771 is also a reply to the same post.

TheDespicableMind wrote: I see there is a downloads folder and mods folder, so the same files are in two places thus taking up more precious SSD space :)
Do we need to keep the files inside the downloads folder or...?

PS Thank you for Vortex, I love it!
J.O.D. wrote: Well, you need the downloaded archive, if you want to reinstall a mod with different install options. The mod folder contains unpacked mod, but only the options you have chosen during install, nothing more.

BTW: I have the download folder on regular HDD, while the mod folder and Fallout 4 are on SSD.

Put your downloads on another drive. You can configure practically every mod manager that exists to store your downloads wherever you want.

Honestly, does nobody else store their downloaded mods, so they don't ever have to download them again unless a new version comes out? HDDs are cheap, I have a 2TB one JUST for storing game related stuff (mods, updates, maps, etc.). SSDs are for performance, so you only need stuff that's in use to be on them, which means (arguably) your OS, games, and active/installed mods.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any reason why manually updating F4SE or manually reinstalling SKSE tends to break vortex? I like this setup, like its really clean but this is a problem. I am unable to properly manage and switch my mod list over to Fallout 4 due to this bug.

vortex broke my working and modded version of Skyrim SE, Skyrim VR, Fallout 4 and Fallout 4 VR. The manager will enable and disable mods at random as well, also when I download a mod it doesn't show up in the mod list for me to click install.

Each time I use Vortex it breaks the fresh install of the games I have mentioned above and they do not work with it. The UI is not intuitive at all unlike the Nexus Mod manager.

When will a search field for mods be implemented like in NMM?

I switched to Vortex and wanted to install specific mods first, then I noticed there was no search field, meaning I have to scroll endlessly up and down to look for mods by alphabetical order.This makes vortex useless for my 300+ mod Skyrim. atm.

EDIT: I found the search bar. It is enabled with advanced mod. Now we are talking bizness.

Edited by btasqan

• 3 weeks later...

We're talking a matter of months until we go into Beta at which point Vortex will replace NMM as the main mod manager and will be the software linked to at the top of the site.

We haven't road mapped our timetable for a 1.0 release yet, but I'd hope it isn't much longer than how long it's taken the software to go from Alpha to Beta.

In response to post #62541756.

Dark0ne wrote:

We're talking a matter of months until we go into Beta at which point Vortex will replace NMM as the main mod manager and will be the software linked to at the top of the site.

We haven't road mapped our timetable for a 1.0 release yet, but I'd hope it isn't much longer than how long it's taken the software to go from Alpha to Beta.

Sweet! If Vortex beta is as stable as NMM beta has been, I'll be glad to swap!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
WIll I be forced to switch to Vortex in the future or will I continue to be able to download mods directly to the nexus mod manager indefinitely? Id rather not switch honestly, at least for me NMM works perfectly, fulfils all my needs and feels intuitive, I personally have no reason or desire to switch to a different mod management tool. Edited by yavin1997