Vortex Alpha Release

Dark0ne

In response to post #58506811.

Greg200 wrote: Have been using Vortex to reinstall FO4 after major computer crash and replacement. Have been very happy with it but have run into a couple of problems. The first and want appears to be rather important is my DLC files appear to to have a dependency issue. DLCWorkshop01 has loaded last throwing all except DLCRobot into a red warning sign. There does not appear to be anyway to manually reset these and LOOT does not do it either. Using red warning to reset user-list rule has no effect. Also, today for the first time I am getting LOOT cleaning symbols on these DLC that weren't there before.
Also, when I installed the BodySlide mod through Vortex it installed just fine, but for some reason when using this mod the texture files appear not to be recognized by the program and you get the "no image" body in the preview screen of BodySlide. I can see all of the .dds files in the texture folder, but they are showing up in BodySlide. Set up the BodySlide tool in Vortex and it too worked just fine except for the texture problem. Again I have enjoyed the ease of use of Vortex and hope it continues to improve and expand. Know there's always problem in new software development, just wanted to let you know what I have experienced to date. Anyone out there have ideas on how I can resolve these problems, would appreciate the info...thanks

I have that problem too. BodySlide is showing the body image but it does not respond to any function at all, so the body stays as it is regardless.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #58506811. #58553056 is also a reply to the same post.

Greg200 wrote: Have been using Vortex to reinstall FO4 after major computer crash and replacement. Have been very happy with it but have run into a couple of problems. The first and want appears to be rather important is my DLC files appear to to have a dependency issue. DLCWorkshop01 has loaded last throwing all except DLCRobot into a red warning sign. There does not appear to be anyway to manually reset these and LOOT does not do it either. Using red warning to reset user-list rule has no effect. Also, today for the first time I am getting LOOT cleaning symbols on these DLC that weren't there before.
Also, when I installed the BodySlide mod through Vortex it installed just fine, but for some reason when using this mod the texture files appear not to be recognized by the program and you get the "no image" body in the preview screen of BodySlide. I can see all of the .dds files in the texture folder, but they are showing up in BodySlide. Set up the BodySlide tool in Vortex and it too worked just fine except for the texture problem. Again I have enjoyed the ease of use of Vortex and hope it continues to improve and expand. Know there's always problem in new software development, just wanted to let you know what I have experienced to date. Anyone out there have ideas on how I can resolve these problems, would appreciate the info...thanks
sopmac45 wrote: I have that problem too. BodySlide is showing the body image but it does not respond to any function at all, so the body stays as it is regardless.

"Vortex contains a feedback and bug reporting system built in to the software, which can be access from the menu in the top-right corner. "

"If you post your bugs in the forums or elsewhere, without using the bug reporting tools in Vortex, it's honestly not helpful to us."

Not trying to be an ass, but at the moment that text is literally right above the head of your avatar.

From now on Vortex is my mod manager of choice. After several weeks of testing, using Fallout 3 as my guinea pig, I found myself quite impressed with Vortex. I say this as one who has had extensive experience with OBMM, Wrye Bash and its various iterations, FOMM, MO, and NMM from its earliest days.

For testing purposes, I purposely avoided any tutorials (my apologies, Gopher) in order to see how quickly I could learn Vortex on my own. I picked up the basics immediately, and from there I developed a more detailed knowledge of the program's workings as I installed mods and worked out their dependencies, load order, etc. Installing mods was exceptionally easy and quick, and I experienced no serous problems in setting up a game with 69 active mods. Furthermore, there have been no serious issues in game play. I am now at level 30 in Fallout 3, and Katrina (me), Brisa, and Jessi are about to make Project Purity a success.

However, what has really prompted my endorsement of Vortex is my experience with Fallout 4. Today I entrusted my level 344 character and game to the tender mercies of Vortex. (Level 344! Is she crazy?) The transfer of 196 mods from NMM to Vortex was flawless. The only glitch was that Vortex apparently repopulated my empty Strings folder, which I promptly depopulated. ( From past experience, I have discovered that I have no "lookup failed" issues if the Strings folder is empty,) Also, I set up all of my favorite tools with no problems whatever either in their installation or operation. The tools are F4SE, FO4Edit, Creation Kit, LOOT, and BodySlide. (Although I have LOOT, I now use Vortex sorting instead of LOOT.)

To install the mods for both Fallout games, I used Vortex's default paths. My OS is the most current build of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Since my C Drive (system) is a 1TB SSD, I installed everything to that drive with room to spare.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

In response to post #58506811. #58553056, #58573086 are all replies on the same post.

sopmac45 wrote: I have that problem too. BodySlide is showing the body image but it does not respond to any function at all, so the body stays as it is regardless.
buzzbomb wrote: "Vortex contains a feedback and bug reporting system built in to the software, which can be access from the menu in the top-right corner. "

"If you post your bugs in the forums or elsewhere, without using the bug reporting tools in Vortex, it's honestly not helpful to us."

Not trying to be an ass, but at the moment that text is literally right above the head of your avatar.

you can also report the problem through https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex. nexus mods has made vortex's source code available.
open an issue regarding to your problem from its issue tracker.

In response to post #58644516.

Rodjama wrote: Looking forward to the stable release! But for now, I value reliable gameplay with my fav games above anything else, so its persevere with NMM for now.

true, stick with nmm for now. however, vortex needs feedbacks in order to improve as well. i'd say use vortex and nmm to check for its consistencies.

In response to post #58644516. #58704201 is also a reply to the same post.

Rodjama wrote: Looking forward to the stable release! But for now, I value reliable gameplay with my fav games above anything else, so its persevere with NMM for now.
calscks wrote: true, stick with nmm for now. however, vortex needs feedbacks in order to improve as well. i'd say use vortex and nmm to check for its consistencies.

Hi Rodjama, I have been using Vortex since its released and it has not failed me ever .. my game is stable and if I have had some CTD's, those have been caused by some mods not by Vortex itself. I understand your point but you should give it a shot.

Vortex had another version released yesterday or today to fix more errors reported by users and it should now be working much better than before.

Today Vortex prompted for an update (0.13.5 to 0.13.6). I clicked install and restart and the new version completely wiped out my Vortex/Fallout4/mods folder.

the folder path settings in the program are intact. As are the deployed mods in the data folder

Is there a way to fix that? I lost all the mods I spent a lot of time installing

Edited by uglydemon

In response to post #58709896.

uglydemon wrote: Today Vortex prompted for an update (0.13.5 to 0.13.6). I clicked install and restart and the new version completely wiped out my Vortex/Fallout4/mods folder.

the folder path settings in the program are intact. As are the deployed mods in the data folder

Is there a way to fix that? I lost all the mods I spent a lot of time installing

Have you put your mods folder inside your Vortex installation folder by any chance?

If so, do NOT do this. More reading about it here. If not, please file a bug report! Edited by Dark0ne