650 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444,783 posts
Experience

Gain levels by completing quests and exploring. Skills don't contribute to character's level anymore. (Requires SKSE)

Swiftstep

Swiftstep

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
What about kills - how do they affect the XP bar? Not at all, only skills?

Ceyst

Ceyst

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 259 posts
Been honestly searching for some days for a mod that does exactly this - THANK YOU... well i have to tryit out first but i am happy that exists :D

Edit: i did fast testing, discovering a dwemer ruin didnt gave me any exp. i will look what mod may modify the xp so then i know why it doesn't work.

Edited by Ceyst, 05 March 2018 - 06:03 AM.

Atardecer

Atardecer

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 4,121 posts
(I had Nexus gobble up a previous comment - ignore asking for an ini because you have one).

Looks great, and very nice integration. Yeah kills giving experience would be great, ideally on level/race of the enemy if possible. Not sure I fully understand this:

"Skills don't give experience, but they are now capped relatively to your level for balancing reasons"

How do skills increase in order to reach perk skill level requirements?

Thanks for posting this mod!

Zebsi

Zebsi

Eat the rich

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
This is a really neat concept, with a great delivery. I just have one suggestion, as an alternative to automatically leveling skills to keep them relative to your level. Instead, I'd suggest scripting a menu to appear that gives the option to increase three skills by five points every time you level up. Or, if you're especially skilled with SKSE and Papyrus, you could possibly script it to allow you to allocate 15 points between any skills of your choosing. Regardless, great work on this!

z4x

z4x

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts
In response to post #58107256.

Spoiler

Skills increase like in vanilla Skyrim, on use. Their levels are just capped relatively to player's level, otherwise you would be able to train them to 100 at level 1. I forgot to mention what the skill caps are for each level, will add it on description page soon.

z4x

z4x

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts
In response to post #58106796.

Spoiler

Please send me PM with the log file located in "<user name>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\Experience.log"

Edited by z4x, 04 March 2018 - 05:31 PM.

lordofmelon

lordofmelon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
This looks great but is it possible to add ways to gain xp that aren't finite like quests? I can see running into problems getting xp, especially if you like to roleplay and not do every quest/guild questline. Also do you know if the SKSE plugin Sleep to Gain Experience would conflict with this? It might fall under modifying vanilla xp system but thought I might ask anyways.

dtrail

dtrail

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts
Hi z4x, do you consider making a SSE verion of your nice plugin? That would be awesome.

Xz0mb13killaX

Xz0mb13killaX

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
In response to post #58116601.

Spoiler

isn't the SSE script extender really early in development?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.013 seconds